Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dawn of War II Multiplayer Report

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Preview ]</strong>

Ryuken has been flexing his RTS nerd muscles for the past month in the <strong><a href="http://www.dawnofwar2.com/us/home" target="_blank">Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II</a></strong> multiplayer beta. Here is his story.
<br/><br/><strong>Read: </strong><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=48">Dawn of War II Multiplayer Report</a>

Ryuken

Liturgist
Eco-wise every player can upgrade capturable power points and insta-build extra power nodes on fixed spots around them but that's not a lot of choice you have.

And that's it, next to the stuff mentioned in the preview. Most of those build-abilities are spread around the different races/heroes as well (so you can't build all those things yourself in one game) and once vehicles come out most of those small structures are toast too if you don't protect them (turrets can't be upgraded to do significant damage against vehicles).

Even 'builder' heroes like the Mekboy or the Techmarine have to get into fights or their side will lose. It's really more about constant action rather than being able to fortify some spot for the rest of the game although some of those little things can help sometimes, especially the mines and tunnels.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
It was great fun playing all those beta multiplayer matches with you.

I mostly agree with the preview, especially the Steam/GWFWL setup and matchmaking issues.

I had a go at retail (SP) last night, and it is interesting. It's a very clap happy system so far. Your squads level up (yay), wargear drops in missions (yay), and you spend attribute points and equip your squad (yay!)

I have only done two missions so far, so I can't really comment on the mission structure yet.

Let's try and get some MP rank over the weekend, eh?

-Burchard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom