Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Jeff Vogel Needs Brains

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Geneforge 5; Spiderweb Software

It's that time of the year again: <a href="http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/testing/beta_test.html" target="blank">Spiderweb Software beta testing</a>. If you have a hankering for <b><a href="http://www.spidweb.com/geneforge5/index.html" target="blank">Geneforge 5</a></b>, have a few hours free a week, and don't mind not getting paid, sign up today.
<br>
<blockquote>Why should I beta test for Spiderweb?
<br>
<br>
1. Fun. You will get to be among the first people to play our newest game. Of course, the game will also be full of bugs and crashes so it's sort of a warped bit of fun.
<br>
2. Free game. Loyal testers will get a copy of the final full version of the game.
<br>
3. Experience, experience, experience. We can not pay our loyal beta testers but you can use us as a reference in the real world to get a real job. This actually worked for one of our testers, who listed us as a reference and got hired after Jeff talked to his prospective employer.
<br>
4. Recognition.You will be given credit in the game as a tester. Impress your friends and your significant other or not, depending on how you treated them while you were off being the "Beta-Tester". </blockquote>

Micmu

Magister
Fun? Way to spoil your game.
I never though I would say this, but thank God for the impatient Appletards. :P

I thought he'd be announcing a Zombie related RPG now that Geneforge is finished and try to get in on that Left 4 dead, resident evil pie.

:cry:

mytgroo

Scholar
Fun, but takes time.

It is kind of fun to do this, but it takes a lot of time. Lots of time. Prepare to crawl into the basement and stay there for a week. Unfortunately, I don't have the same amount of free time I used to.

Fenril

Scholar
mmmm

My curriculum vitae is pretty pathetically empty, but now that I think of it I can add "involuntary microsoft beta tester".

I wonder what kind of job will that land me.

Andhaira

Arcane
I wonder how much eschalon will influence Vogels future games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom