Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Darth Roxor reviews NWN2: Storm of Zehir

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir; Obsidian Entertainment

Darth Roxor took a look at the Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion: Storm of Zehir. This is what he found:

As I stated in the introduction, Storm of Zehir and Mask of the Betrayer are two completely different games. I could even say, that the only thing they share is the engine. While MotB was an epic journey to save yourself from (or embrace) a curse, SoZ is centered around something someone might call ‘generic adventuring’. Indeed, the focus is put mainly on exploration and going through various dungeons, while at the same time having a continuous income of trade bars from your evergrowing merchant company. Actually, for most of the game, you can completely ignore the main quest, and focus on finding new treasures to uncover. Most of the time I spent in the game was on the overland map, and not because I was fighting all the time, but because I wanted to visit every single corner, to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Every gamer who wants his RPG to have a lot of exploration, will definitely find SoZ to be very enjoyable.​

Read on...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Any positive review of SOZ is most definitely SOZZY.

Thumbs down. :(

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No. It's because I can't be arsed to defned one of the worst games of all time. SOZ si SOZZY. Deal with it.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Agree with this review.

While SOZ has its flaws, the exploration factor with the world map and the use of skills far outweigh the negatives. Its the best time I have had with anything NWN2 related.

Joe Krow

Erudite
Volourn said:
Any positive review of SOZ is most definitely SOZZY.

Thumbs down. :(

Stop being a little bitch and write that review. Maybe it will help you get it out of your system. Regardless it will be easier to ignore.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Review? Why would I bother writing a review for a game I couldn't even bother finishing 'cause it was too SOZZY? LMAO

"I've seen worse."

So have I; but not many hence why I said 'one of the worst'; not THE 'worst'.

Cassidy

Arcane
Can't say SoZ belongs to the subgenre of CRPGs I really like, because for exploration and combat-centric games I would rather a FPS hybrid like STALKER:SoC or a Strategy hybrid like HoMM over a pure CRPG campaign.

Unless strategy really goes beyond "use standard buff set before combat and then go for it". If NPC spellcasters aren't of the type that waste fireballs against nearly dead goblins and cast Ice Storms against ice elementals, then I may be interested. Unfortunately my only reference in such style of gameplay is Betrayal at Krondor, which I really liked. Guess I should give a try, once I replace the obsolete trash that is my current PC. If a NWN2+MOTB+SOZ pack is released, I'm certainly going to buy it.

PS: Volourn, could you explain why you think NWN1 OC is better than SoZ?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
EVERYTHING.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom