Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Fallout 3 - the nth opinion

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

Read Elwro's <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=177">opinion</a> on the Bethesda's new "ambitious" FPS, with surprisingly bad shooter elements and surprisingly good RPG-related features.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Necro topic.

Anyways, Fallout 3 was a good hiking simulator. Much better than Oblivious.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Clearly the next step forward is a mod that gives Fallout 3 the colors of Oblivion.

attackfighter

Magister
Another plus for Oblivion is the presence of real cities. The only real city in F3 is Megaton, the rest are all just settlements of 10-20 people living in crumbling 200 year old buildings like retards.

Really, the only thing F3 has going for it is that it has slightly less level scaling.

CorpseZeb

Learned
attackfighter said:
Another plus for Oblivion is the presence of real cities. The only real city in F3 is Megaton, the rest are all just settlements of 10-20 people living in crumbling 200 year old buildings like retards.

Really, the only thing F3 has going for it is that it has slightly less level scaling.

On contrary, sir, even Imperial “city” in Oblivion have what... 40 (?) at best inhabitants taking about mud crabs while in Fallout 3 one-fifth of game map is reserved by "real ruins" of Washington DC.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Why can't we agree that both games are shit? Can't you see that arguing which game is less shitty is pointless? Both of them are shitty. Skyrim will be also. F4 from Beth will be too.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
sgc_meltdown said:
Clearly the next step forward is a mod that gives Fallout 3 the colors of Oblivion.
Funny that. One of the essential mods for my New Vegas setup is pretty much this. Comes with a whole buncha presets and options to change contrast and lighting and stuff. There's nothing like that for Fallout 3 as far as I know. But then there's also nothing like that as far as I know for Oblivion but then Oblivion is pretty colorful anyway so it doesn't need mods. Man, that's some funny shit.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Havoc said:
Why can't we agree that both games are shit?

We're not saying either game isn't shit, there just isn't a consensus on which is shittier.

Andyman Messiah said:
Oblivion had color so for me that sets it apart a million years above sea level from Fallout 3.

I agree on the assessment but not so much the reason.

I think the reason I rate Oblivion higher is that is was my first foray into the TES universe as well as the first game from Bethesda I've ever experienced.
In spite of that I do think Oblivion did a lot of things better than Fallout 3, including setting, environments and voice work (Moira Brown, enough said).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom