Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info KotOR patch soon

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

In <A href="http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=284809&forum=80">this thread</a> on the <A href="http://swforums.bioware.com/">official forums</a> for <a href="http://www.swkotor.com">Knights of the Old Republic</a>, there's some details about the first patch for the game which will hopefully be out within a week's time.
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>Added two new "swkotor.ini" sound options,
<br>
[Sound Options]
<br>
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
<br>
Environment Effects Streaming=1
<br>
<br>
The Environment Effects Streaming=0 option was added to fix a problem with sound pauses while playing the game with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset motherboard and a 100 MHz Front Side Bus.</li><li>removed the awareness penalty when running</li><li>Made a fix to the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" option in "swkotor.ini".
<br>
<br>
[Graphics Options]
<br>
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1
<br>
<br>
If you are having some odd, random graphics issues you may be able to resolve them by adding an entry to your "swkotor.ini" file.</li><li>Made a fix to the Enable Hardware Mouse option when it is disabled. This fixes a crash with certain ATI Radeon 9600 video cards.</li><li>Made a fix to a display issue with Small Fonts.</li><li>Made a fix to a gamma issue after movies finish playing.</li><li>Removed the display of Force Points on portrait tooltips for non-Jedi characters.</li><li>Fixed bug where some objects in the game would give a sticky mouse indicator like they had an inventory when they did not.</li><li>Fixed an issue where if you changed appearance while Force Speed was active your movement rate would return to normal.</li><li>Fixed an issue with droid animation when the item they were using ran out or their target died.</li><li>The turret mini-game should no longer have the blur visual effect if you enter it with that visual effect turned on.</li><li>The Security option no longer displays for doors which a key is required.</li><li>Fixed a rare bug where the game could get stuck if an autopause was triggered at the exact same time as an area transition.</li><li>Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Dark Jedi dies at the exact same time as he deflected a blaster bolt.</li><li>Fixed a rare crash on startup under Windows 98.</li><li>Fixed a few memory leaks.</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
I'd like to see an option in swkotor.ini like:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><i>[GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS]
<br>
forcedminigamecrap=0</i></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
That'd make my day, because I'm really sick of that turret minigame.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>
<br>

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Me too. I can't for the world understand why the hell I can't for example tell Canderous, freaking Mandalorian warrior, the epitome of bad ass, to hop in the turrets and start blasting some ships. If not him, there's HK-47 the bloodthirsty combat/assassin droid. Hell, even Mission could probably handle it and why doesn't Bastila use her hyped up Battle Meditation when it might actually be useful?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I agree 100% there. Blody annoying ship shooting. If I wnna play sapce invaders; I'll play space invaders.

Whya re they removing the aareness penatly when runninG/ Thata ctually make sense. Hmm..
Too bad they ain't fixing the running animation stutter that happens occasionally.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
I agree 100% there. Blody annoying ship shooting. If I wnna play sapce invaders; I'll play space invaders.

I'm playing through with the Dark Side currently, almost to the end of that. I've been doing a lot more planet hopping this game since there are some dark side missions that you can do that require hopping all over the place like ferrying spice from one place to the other. It seems like the Sith Fighter Turret game is random, and I've been plagued with it Significantly more than in my first game. Nearly every time I leave a planet, I *have* to do that minigame. It really makes me less inclined to want to do that planet hopping thing.

Whya re they removing the aareness penatly when runninG/ Thata ctually make sense. Hmm..
Too bad they ain't fixing the running animation stutter that happens occasionally.

I'd say they're removing it because there seems to be no way to simply walk.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, they're random. In my first game; I only got hit by them like,4 or 5 times; two of whcih I think are manatory. I still hate it.

Yeha, no wlaking. Guess it kinda makes sense. thena agin; it would make more sense to have walking in the game in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom