Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review HotU posers and ponderings at Warcry

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

<A href="http://www.warcry.com/">Warcry</a> has gone and done one of them there <A href="http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=102&colid=1317">interviews</a> with some guy named <b>Darcy Pajak</b> about <A href="Http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark">Hordes of the Underdark</a>. Here's something about starting off new in the recently shipped expansion:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Warcry: What quick tips would you give players in getting the most out of the expansion? Are there particular new Prestige Classes, Feats, and Spells, that you find help storm your way through the game as a heroic badass?
<br>
<br>
Darcy:</b> My advice would be to start a new character and pick one of the new prestige classes right away. Each class type has some special goodies for it strewn throughout the game and you will be rewarded very well. Explore the areas, and swap your henchmen to get the most out of their banter. The last bit of advice I will give out is you should plan your battles out very carefully. There are a few battles in Hordes of the Underdark where blindly hacking your way through will cost you dearly.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I'd hope they'd cost you dearly if there's demiliches in the game.
<br>
<br>
Spotted on <A href="http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a>
<br>

Sammael

Liturgist
Many Bioware games offer players the chance to make moral decisions and follow different paths based on those choices.
ROFLMAO. Since when does KOTOR = many? Neither BG1, ToSC, BG2, ToB, NWN, nor SoU offered a meaningful "chance to make moral decisions and follow different paths."

Interview = crap.

Rosh

Erudite
That was good for a laugh.

From the feedback we have received and from our own playing styles we have noticed that the vast majority of people tend to play the good side, and take the good options. It seems to be a smaller hard-core group who want to play the evil side.

No, more people might actually play evil if you idiots implemented it in some way other than half-ass!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Sammael said:
ROFLMAO. Since when does KOTOR = many? Neither BG1, ToSC, BG2, ToB, NWN, nor SoU offered a meaningful "chance to make moral decisions and follow different paths."

Interview = crap.

Well, even KotOR has some flaws in it's dark side/evil path. While it allows you to do evil things, it's often not recongised by the game in areas where it should. On Manaan for instance, I'm being called a Republic lackey and denied entrance to the Sith Embassy even though I'm a Dark Jedi with full Dark Side Mastery and wearing Dark Jedi Robes.

It's kind of strange everyone on Taris reacts to the Sith uniform, but after that, no one seems to acknowledge what you look like. No one notices how evil I look with my white eyes flashing, and my face showing the full taint of the Dark Side, nor the robes I wear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom