Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review I did KotOR

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Yup, it's up. Our little <A href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=86">review</a> of <a href="Http://www.swkotor.com">Knights of the Old Republic</a> has been posted.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Another thing followers seem to often do is stop you from being evil for one reason or another. It's often rather sad when you go to pull off something evil, like mugging a person whom you just saved from being mugged, only to have a follower pop in and tell the guy to run away. The result is that you'll still get Dark Points, but you won't get any money from it. There's also no recourse to punish the follower for thwarting your evil ways. Of course, it's almost worse when they complain about you going to kill someone because you're evil, but once combat starts, they're right in there with you, killing the innocents.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
And there's even more fun filled things like that if you click on that link above.
<br>
<br>
Big thanks to <b>Ibbz</b>, <b>Kreegle</b>, and <b>Exitium</b> for proof reading it for me.
<br>

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Very nice review, and it doesn't have that annoying "bioware 15 t3h ub3r!!11!!!" slapped all around it. I am now looking forward to giving the game a try :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
To be honest, after reading the rveiew, I'm amazed you even like it. That said, many of your complaints, I agree with. Most noteably: mini games, controls, and not enough combat options. Still, as per usual, very well written, and worthy of reading the whole thing.

triCritical

Erudite
After playing KotOR, I have finally figured out why people were asking for mini-games in FO3. I mean mini-games are lame, so why would people want them. Forcing people to do mini-games is even worse. KotOR is no exception, they just proved how lame mini-games can be. And I hate them even more. Maybe instead of making the 2-3 mini games they could have actually spent that time in making the combat a little better and not used the cliche phantom menace plotlines.

Overall, I like the game too, however I am now thoroughly convinced that what Bioware does well are Adventure styled games rather then CRPG's. The best part of KotOR so far for me is the exploratory aspect of the game, which also worked in the original BG. They make bad combat, and spend way too much time on bells and whistles that do little to improve the quality of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom