Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Journeys Through Zamedi

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

Vault Dweller hooked up GameBanshee with a <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/editorials/ageofdecadencejtz1.php" target="blank">guided tour</a> of Zamedi, one of the locations you'll come across in <b><a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/" target="blank">Age of Decadence</a></b>
<br>
<blockquote>Originally, the only way to get inside was by joining House Aurelian and serving it faithfully. However, even though the tower is not a mandatory location (it's <i>one</i> of the ways to find out something else), I dislike when games tell me that there is only one way of doing something, so we tweaked it, adding two more ways to acquire the "key" either by stealth (insane amount of different checks in text adventure mode - only a master thief can pull it off) or combat (that's a purely hypothetical option because no dude is THAT bad).</blockquote>
<br>
So is it Thursday yet?
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to Jedi_Learner.</i>

Chefe

Erudite
"So, what's it going to be?"
"Attack!"

:lol:

I have one concern. It's good that there are alternate ways, but if two ways are to either join the house or be a master thief, isn't busting in guns blazing kind of a cheat? Given the high security, it doesn't seem like that should be possible.

mahdi

Liturgist
Vince said:
or combat (that's a purely hypothetical option because no dude is THAT bad)
I think he's saying here that it's damn near impossible, but you can try if you want while also making a hilarious reference to Bad Dudes on NES.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
As someone who has never seen screens of this game before I ask myself:
Why does it look so brownishyellowgray? There are like no colors that make you feel happy and all!

Chefe

Erudite
mahdi said:
Vince said:
or combat (that's a purely hypothetical option because no dude is THAT bad)
I think he's saying here that it's damn near impossible, but you can try if you want while also making a hilarious reference to Bad Dudes on NES.

I missed that. It's late. Thanks.

bh0ttz.jpg

Frau Bishop said:
As someone who has never seen screens of this game before I ask myself:
Why does it look so brownishyellowgray? There are like no colors that make you feel happy and all!

It's the European version. The American version has pink grass, blue walls, magical rainbows, brilliant flower beds, giant pauldrons, bloom, and swords made of puppies.

Data4

Arcane
Chefe said:
It's the European version. The American version has pink grass, blue walls, magical rainbows, brilliant flower beds, giant pauldrons, bloom, and swords made of puppies.

No, that's the Japanese version. The American version will be shades of gray with retina-burning bloom.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Chefe said:
I'm so getting the American version, for like 10 Eurobucks in 2010.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought brown was supposed to be realistic nowadays.

But yeah, I'm not thrilled about AOD's art direction from what I've seen in some of the screenshots. That's a minor gripe, though, as long as the gameplay is solid.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
I like the chara creation screen. It awesome in comparison to for example Arcanums crappy shit where you see nohting of importance when you change your stats.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Highly unlikely, I'd say. Everyone knows that games takes no longer than a year to make - like, at best - and all that "4 years in development" crap is a sure sign of vaporware.

Sarvis

Erudite
baby arm said:
Vault Dweller hooked up GameBanshee with a <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/editorials/ageofdecadencejtz1.php" target="blank">guided tour</a> of Zamedi, one of the locations you'll come across in <b><a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/" target="blank">Age of Decadence</a></b>
<blockquote>Originally, the only way to get inside was by joining House Aurelian and serving it faithfully. However, even though the tower is not a mandatory location (it's <i>one</i> of the ways to find out something else), I dislike when games tell me that there is only one way of doing something, so we tweaked it, adding two more ways to acquire the "key" either by stealth (insane amount of different checks in text adventure mode - only a master thief can pull it off) or combat (that's a purely hypothetical option because no dude is THAT bad).</blockquote>
So is it Thursday yet?

<i>Thanks to Jedi_Learner.</i>

So the illusion of choice counts for making a game an RPG now?

ushdugery

Scholar
I kinda like how that combat option is there in the oposite way to fallout. By this I mean in fallout combat was the easiest and most obvious option. Good to see it pulled away from that yet influenced from at the same time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom