Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Diablo 3 info at IncGamers

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Diablo III

IncGamers spoke to Bashiok, Diablo III community manager and got <a href="http://www.incgamers.com/Games/1935/features/90/Diablo-III-Inforview">some bits of info</a> about the game, which they decided to call an "inforview". Some info has already been known - from the old classes only the Barbarian is going to be included in the main game, the new graphical tone is here to stay etc. Let me just quote a slightly disturbing fragment:<blockquote>Bashiok reiterated, upon questioning, that Diablo III isn't going to be an MMO. He made clear that the &#8220;action RPG concept&#8221; is the direction they are taking the game.
<br>
&#8220;The focus is still on the 'action game' aspects of it, not the role playing aspects.&#8221;
<br>

<br>
He gave us an example, which he indicated isn't commonly known: &#8220;We're iterating a lot on the health orb system. The way it looks right now, orbs will just drop. It may end up a lot more like a 'health up' from a platformer, and not like the way it worked in Diablo II. You step into one, and you heal yourself.&#8221;
<br>
He also added that the health orbs may also aid people in your group, possibly according to need and range: &#8220;We're also looking at a system where you step into it, and you'll heal a party member.&#8221; He indicated that none of this, of course, is confirmed, and much testing and implementation has yet to be done.</blockquote>Hope they let Boyarski put in the quest ideas he was talking about a while ago. I'd put a link here but it seems the database has been flooded with Escapist refugees and doesn't permit me to do anything. So maybe he actually didn't talk about anything like it, and I have fabricated it to try to convince myself that Diablo III will have some non-trivial quest mechanics. Bah, who cares. I always thought about Diablo as a roguelike with dramatically simplified mechanics but dramatically enhanced graphics; as such, it was just perfect.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>LCJr</b>!
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, nothing new then.
Kinda bummed about the leech stuff prolly being gone tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom