Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info New Age of Decadence screens

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower; Vault Dweller

There are three screens showcasing character creation <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a53efa8351eca638eb43a66b5130c191&topic=474.0">here</a>.<blockquote>You can pick your gender, skin color, hair style, scars, facial paint, beards (men only, no dwarves), and circlets for the girls.</blockquote>I got interested in that last part, but none of the screens portray any circlets. Shouldn't they be luxury items available to rich people only? Then again, I guess you can play the game as a female merchant who after earning lots of money wants to pretend she's of aristocratic pedigree.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</A>

It has the stone design and is readable. I never thought an indie RPG could pull that off.

I wonder if there will be mouse rollovers for all the options.

Solohk

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
entertainer said:
That's a lot of numbers.

Indeed. VD, aren't you afraid of causing information overload?

Looking at those screens, my brain shut down rather than try and process all that information, and I only snapped out of that stupified trance-like state after my screensaver kicked on.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Elwro said:
I got interested in that last part, but none of the screens portray any circlets. Shouldn't they be luxury items available to rich people only?
Circlet as in headband, not as in expensive luxury item.

St. Toxic said:
Pretty good looking design.
Thanks.

Carrie Underwood said:
I wonder if there will be mouse rollovers for all the options.
No. The info is displayed in that text box at the bottom (once you click on an option).

Dark Individual said:
entertainer said:
That's a lot of numbers.

Indeed. VD, aren't you afraid of causing information overload?
No.

Darth Roxor said:
can you plan an african american?
A new FO3 meme?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Vault Dweller said:
Elwro said:
I got interested in that last part, but none of the screens portray any circlets. Shouldn't they be luxury items available to rich people only?
Circlet as in headband, not as in expensive luxury item.
Thanks for the clarification.

The screens look fantastic; apart from the content, they're readable and I like the darker tone of the background.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
I'm not totally in love with the look, I think it's ok, but I'm glad to see that such a large number of skills have remained in this far into development. By extension, it suggests that a very solid and enjoyable amount of gameplay flexibility for players will exist in the final product.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Looking good VD, I like lots of numbers.

This will most likely be a day 1 purchase for me, hopefully with the real box and manual option.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
wait, no circlets for men?
how am i supposed to play conan?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The dialogues look cool and all

but uh... well, I'm not much of a graphics whore, but somehow I just can't help but say FUGLY when I see this
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/in ... 1888;image

but don't get me wrong, all the other stuff looks cool. I especially liked the story behind the caravan guard guy, and the "CATCH!" dialogue option after assassinating the merchant.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
That is one of my favourite outdoor images Darth Roxor. Why do you think it is FUGLY?

St. Toxic

Arcane
I have to say, the 3d enviroments and people put the funky 2d interface to shame. I can understand the chore of animating countless sprites, but at least the enviroment could have been pre-rendered or hand-crafted 2d. :sadche:

EDIT: Also, it sort of reminds me of The Settlers 3.
bird.gif

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Jedi_Learner said:
That is one of my favourite outdoor images Darth Roxor. Why do you think it is FUGLY?

hm, well. That whole camp looks kind of... I dunno, empty? The area around it too, I mean, some different kinds of tiles featuring grass would make it look better I think, like, a patch of grass with some rocks on it, the other one with some twigs etc., just to make it a bit more varied. The land in and around the outpost, except for some 3 rocks behind the tower looks as if someone had ran through it with a giant vacuum cleaner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom