Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Uberlong Fable: The Lost Chapters Review

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Fable: The Lost Chapters; Lionhead Studios

So, there's this game called <b>Fable: The Lost Chapters</b> that lets you choose hats and deal with the consequences of flatulence. That guy who thinks he knows what a role-playing game is <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=156">takes a look at it</a>:<blockquote>Since the Hero never displays any kind of motivation behind his actions we're left with an empty shell that is given a fixed semblance of a personality, one that sometimes may not even correspond to the personality we try to imbue in him. There are also a couple of situations where the game doesn't seem to know how to handle the freedom it offers. During the training in the Guild I repeatedly assaulted a roommate, only to be called to the presence of a Hero which grew irate with every new attempt of mine and warned me not to repeat this, or else I'd suffer the consequences. Well, the consequence here was that the same warning would be repeated on and on without the main character being punished in any way. The most powerful wizard in the guild threatened to snuff out my life force if I kept beating him but as with most dogs, it was all bark and no bite. And after the 73rd crotch punch with no punishment, it was time to move along.</blockquote>Goddamn you, so-called "Role-Player". Is there nothing that pleases you?!
<br>

ixg

Erudite
Yeah I liked kicking chickens but that was the problem with the game - it's kinda just a collection of gimmicks.
Also i thought that you were dead/retired what is the meaning of this

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
@Antagonist and ixg:

I'm not really back - this review is about one year old but VD informed me during a conversation that it was finally up, after all this time, and I decided to pay a visit :)

If I return here, it most likely won't be on any official capacity. Just as a regular forumite, but I make no promises.

IdaGno

Educated
I just hate it when the reviews are longer than the damned game.

Fez

Erudite
The review is pretty much spot on. If you were wondering whether or not you should buy/play the game then read that through and if it still seems good then go for it.

Nice to see you about again Role-Player. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom