Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Make the game moddable? Yes/No/Kingcomrade

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Good news is Bioware will release a toolset for Dragon Age: Origins. Here are some snippets from the <a href="http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/2008_08_29_bioware_reveals_toolset/">press release</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Key features include:
<br>
<br>
<b>* Create Original Adventures</b> &#8211; Using the rich set of Dragon Age assets and locations as starting blocks, users can modify these stunning areas by adding new quests, characters and scripting to craft their own adventures, fate-defining conversations and cut-scenes.
<br>
<br>
<b>* Powerful Script Editor</b> &#8211; Users can fully customize combat and creature AI, allowing them to create detailed action sequences full of heart-pounding party-based tactical combat.
<br>
<br>
<b>* Content Creators Community</b> &#8211; BioWare plans to have a dedicated community area online where content creators can share content easily and get content updates for the toolset.
<br>
<br>
<b>* On-Going Toolset Content Updates</b> &#8211; BioWare plans to release additional assets and features for the toolset in the future, allowing for expanded creation of new areas.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Bad news is that there is no mod support planned for Fallout 3, at least not right from release date. Here's a <a href="http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/29/pax-2008-todd-howard-talks-fallout-3-mods-and-console-power/">transcript</a> from an MP3 interview with Todd Howard at <a href="http://www.joystiq.com/">Joystiq</a>.
<br>
<blockquote>We don't [have MOD support at launch], we want to but we have our hands so full with getting the game out and getting tools out there that work well for people and with the game is a pretty big undertaking.</blockquote>I don't understand Bethesda's attitude. Modders have made their last game playable! Do they fear someone will inject some more thought into the game or, God forbid, edit the <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26064">BDSM elements</a> out?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</A>

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Poor Bethesda. They're like the only company that works so hard on creating an awesome game, they just don't have the time to release demos and editors even though they really, really want to.

Balathustrius

Scholar
Meh, modders couldn't salvage Obliblion, so what's the point of mod utilities for F3.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't think that putting boobies in puke will do anything to make the puke attractive, or have any advantage over just boobs. Those that would enjoy some boobs in their puke have already double-thought the puke as chocolate cake anyways, and I'm afraid boobs won't do much except strengthen the suggestion.

No, really, boobs are not the answer, not this time. Plus, boobies will find their way in regardless of tools.

Seriously though, it's better without tools. That way nobody will have the excuse of judging the game based on mods that repair most of the game's flaws, or buy it thinking someone will fix it all. Let the game fail by its flaws, or succeed by its fanbase's retardation and nostalgia.

Skald

Novice
Ismaul said:
I don't think that putting boobies in puke will do anything to make the puke attractive, or have any advantage over just boobs. Those that would enjoy some boobs in their puke have already double-thought the puke as chocolate cake anyways, and I'm afraid boobs won't do much except strengthen the suggestion.

No, really, boobs are not the answer, not this time. Plus, boobies will find their way in regardless of tools.

Sir, I believe your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Skald said:
Ismaul said:

Sir, I believe your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

I rather think yours is. Or mine is. Confusion!

Also, I seriously believe them when they say they can't make a toolkit to release because they don't have the ressources. I guess they have spent their ressources on something else...

Warden

Arbiter
Not to comment anything else.. but why do they intend to serve this shit labeled as "toolset"? You can't make areas in the DA toolset. What's the friggin' point bioWhore? You're afraid someone could build better areas.. what?

WOWZORS! You can add dialogues and put more monsters!!

Skald

Novice
Warden said:
Not to comment anything else.. but why do they intend to serve this shit labaled as "toolset"? You can't make areas in the DA toolset. What's the friggin' point bioWhore? You're afraid someone could build better areas.. what?

It's for Merlinda to mod a romance with the faggy king.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
serch said:
thesheeep said:
Also, I seriously believe them when they say they can't make a toolkit to release because they don't have the ressources. I guess they have spent their ressources on something else...

Will the Codex get its bribe money this time?

...I didn't want to pay for the game, so I demanded a copy for free. I hope they notice this.

deuxhero

Arcane
Perhaps it is because their are lots of Oblivion refrences and assets in Fallout 3

I also don't sopose "fully customize combat" means we can add in a turnbased system over this RTWP shit.

Helton

Arcane
thesheeep said:

Their Dominion focuses on cash more than resources. I do that when I'm playing Mictlan because I just spam Jaguar Warriors who cost like 30-1, so resources don't mean shit but you can cripple yourself with other races if you don't find a proper balance. You end up just spending millions of excess gold on militia-men like Bethesda is doing now on graphics. Hopefully they have a good bless, at least.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Skald said:
Warden said:
Not to comment anything else.. but why do they intend to serve this shit labaled as "toolset"? You can't make areas in the DA toolset. What's the friggin' point bioWhore? You're afraid someone could build better areas.. what?

It's for Merlinda to mod a romance with the faggy king.
So which male party member will it be? Or maybe no need for her to make a mod at all, since this is a Bioware so you can probably romance the NPC she likes... But I doubt it'd be the faggy king.

As a bonus:

NWN2_SS_062808_003158.jpg

I still should finish my LP of this horrible horrible abomination at some point...

Skald

Novice
Merilindia said:
I knew that the ending of the MotB sucked, but I didn't realise just how MUCH, until I finally finished it. From the Supplicant Gate on, the game was so lame, it hurt. Meh. I can't believe how stupid it was. Killing Arman at every turn, not even seeing Akachi after restoring him, the boring drag through 4 churches, unimpressive Wall section, couldn't even ask about Bishop, being Tsk'd by Kelemvor and having a distinctevly MALE character in the king of all lame epilogues.

Merilindia said:
Uhm, I liked the OC ending much more. It was drammatic and bitter-sweet when I thought that we all died trying to defeat an overwhelming foe.

I don't think I need to comment that, Vaarna.
I think it's the best insight I can offer about her.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Dragon Age is gonna be awesome... just one question Elwro, why are you calling it Dragon Age: Origins?

Skald said:
Balathustrius said:
Meh, modders couldn't salvage Obliblion, so what's the point of mod utilities for F3.

Why, of course... <a href="http://www.tessmage.com/">BOOBIES.</a>
Loller

Tessera said:
Age Of Censorship..?!

A big thumbs-down to Funcom, for deliberately misleading their customers... as they continue to selectively CENSOR the Age Of Conan MMO in a clandestine manner.

"I hope everyone can see my point. The rating on AoC is essentially the equivalent of an "R" rating for a movie. Well, there was an R-rated movie made back in 1981 and it was based upon the exact same books and stories that AoC claims to be based upon. That movie is called "Conan The Barbarian" and it stars Arnold Schwarzenegger. It also contains more nudity and erotic content in it's first 30 minutes than AoC contains in the entire game. A Conan movie made more than a quarter century ago is LESS censored than a Conan game released in 2008..?! There's something fundamentally wrong with that picture.

"I'm not surprised that Funcom locked that petition thread on their board ("PETITION: Undo the last patches Censoring!"). It was the single most enormous thread on the entire AoC forums. When I left that board, the petition to restore adult content was approximately 105 pages long and had well over 2000 replies. Almost all of those posts were from angry adults, who were outraged at Funcom for removing the erotic aspects of Hyborea from AoC."

What can you say about a company that deliberately ignores a growing outcry against them from thousands of angry customers..? Well I [snip]
This guy should be a tabloid editor, he's got the skillz
Tess self-quoting said:
"The MMO market is becoming more sophisticated every
day and WE DON'T LIKE LIARS AND THIEVES."
- Tessera, taken from tessmage.com Forum comments

Skald

Novice
Then again, there are far worse things in the world than the obsession with boobies.

It's just that Tessara takes it to a new, retarded, level.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"just one question Elwro, why are you calling it Dragon Age: Origins?"

Um. Duh. Moron. That's because that's the game's title.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
serch said:
thesheeep said:

Will the Codex get its bribe money this time?

What an insult to the prestigious magazine!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom