Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Some blog interviews some guy about Age of Decadence

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Vault Dweller

Vince D Weller is whoring out his game again. <a href="http://alleyofinfiniteangles.com/node/23">This time over at Alley of Infinite Angles</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>The Age of Decadence is an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire.</blockquote>
<br>
Failure to use the word epic. Minus marks.
<br>
<blockquote><b>5. What is Age of Decadence’s target market? Will it be able to attract new, or younger, generations to this kind of RPGs? Is that your goal?</b>
<br>
<br>
I have no goal in this regard and I don't target anyone. I'm simply making a game I would want to play myself. If it turns out that there is enough people who are interested in such games, the existence of market will be officially announced and we'll continue making games we like. Otherwise...
<br>
<br>
On our forums you can find many young players and many seasoned veterans who've seen many gaming winters. I don't think it's a question of age. It's a matter of personal preference.</blockquote>
<br>
Needs more hype and a useless trailer. And about their style of asking for feedback:
<br>
<blockquote>It's not about designing by committee. It's not about being unsure and asking people to do your job for you. It's about presenting your vision to people and letting them help you polish it and make it better. We started showing everything and getting feedback from day one, and once we realized the benefits, it became our way of doing things. Pretty much every aspect of the game was presented to our fans who did their best to tear it apart (fucking savages) and help us "think of everything".</blockquote>
<br>
Why bother getting it right the first time? Just release the Enhanced Edition a year later that makes the game work. ZING!
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>Tigranes</b>!

DarkUnderlord said:
Why bother getting it right the first time? Just release the Enhanced Edition a year later that makes the game work. ZING!
Let the bitching begin.

I can't believe they are still sticking with isometric. This will fail worse than Diablo 3! Also, you need to cut out feedback completely and ban anyone on your forums who criticizes you. That's how real developers develop. Also, there seems to be too much thinking involved, and I didn't see a quest compass mentioned anywhere. The word epic wasn't used once. Why would I want to play a game that is not epic? I wouldn't, that's the point.

I don't think you can even get married in this game and have a dog companion. Iron Tower doesn't know what RPGs are about at all!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
sportforredneck said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Let the bitching begin.
No, I just made another thread for that. The other two have died out.

... and I apologise for being unprofessional by posting some worthless blog. I promise I won't do it again. Honest.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [removed to stay ahead of the e-mail harvesters] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at www.rpgcodex.net Port 80

DarkUnderlord said:
No, I just made another thread for that. The other two have died out.

... and I apologise for being unprofessional by posting some worthless blog. I promise I won't do it again. Honest.
You're lucky this time I feel generous. But next time, the armies of Trash will cross the Rubicon.

DefJam101

Arcane
Gaijin_4Koma_Reaction_Guys_29.jpg

elander_

Arbiter
"It's not about designing by committee. It's not about being unsure and asking people to do your job for you. "

Design by committee isn't about not being able to do a quality work (quality doesn't sell). It's about getting your working bitches on a tight leach and making sure they don't get out of line. Good game designers are dangerous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom