Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3 Release Date Announced

El Dee

Scholar
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

Fallout 3 will be available in the US on Oct 28th and in Europe on Oct 31st (Trick or Treat?) according to the <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-082008.php">official site</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>August 20, 2008 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced today that its highly anticipated title, Fallout® 3, will be available on store shelves and online in North America on October 28, 2008 and in Europe on October 31, 2008. Developed at Bethesda Game Studios – creators of the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® – Fallout 3 is slated for release on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows.
<br>
<br>
“We are very excited to let gamers get their hands on Fallout 3, the latest chapter in this beloved and highly acclaimed franchise,” said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. “To meet the huge demand for this title by our fans worldwide, we are planning one of the biggest launches of any game released this year.”
<br>
<br>
Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C. however you choose. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.
<br>
<br>
Hailed as one of the most anticipated games for 2008, Fallout 3 has already won numerous awards including Best of Show from the official Game Critics Awards at E3 2008, a selection voted on by an independent group of journalists from 36 leading North American media outlets that cover the videogame industry.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, Mech!

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Sometimes I wonder what is the point in making a post-nuclear game taking place 200 years after a nuclear war. But that's just me. Fallout2 wasn't my cup of tea, either, it was too much of a developed world already.

Silellak

Cipher
Jedi_Learner said:
What is a Realease Date? :D

Well, since a lot of people consider Fallout 3 to be just Oblivion with a new skin, maybe it's a combination of release and re-release...?

Nah, I got nothin'.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
dickinmouthpressrelease said:
Fallout 3 has already won numerous awards

Wait, what? It has already won motherfucking awards? What the hell? For looking pretty at a demonstration? Best of show? Ooooh, good doggy! Gooooooooood doggy! Oh, who's the smartest wienerschnitzel in the kennel today? Yeeees, you are! Yoooouuu!!! Oooohh!!! I'm gonna cum in your mouth, yes I am! Yeeesss!!

Seriously, what the hell? I'm drunk enough right now to get on a plane to AMERICA FUCK YEAH and start killing random people because of this.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Nah, I'm too drunk! I can't work under these circumcisions!

Seriously, what kind of world do we live in where a game that hasn't even been released yet can win awards? That's like putting all my sperms in the phone book.

Thrasher

Erudite
It won an award for hype. Like no shit, for the braindead perhaps.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Dudes, I can't wait for this game to come out. Seriously, imagine all the 10/10 reviews two actual weeks before the game is released. Imagine the nerd rage, the DRAMA! It's gonna be fuckin epic!

:staring towards the horizon with dreamy eyes:

The game will definitely suck though. :|

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
DefJam101 said:
LarsTheSurly said:
R.I.P.

Fallout

9/30/1997 - 10/28/2008

I swear, playing with dead games is just as fun as playing with games that are alive. Maybe the same could be said about the ladies? I'm gonna try it out!

Honestly guys? Chill. All franchises turn to shit eventually. It's the natural order of things. We got two great games and one good JA-clone. Let's be happy about that. That's more than most other game franchises get.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Andyman Messiah said:
Yes, but is it better than 90% of all the Fallout-rpgs out there?

You fuckin bastard! Don't play games. Search your feelings, you know it to be true. :Vader moment:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Yes, but is it better than 90% of all the Fallout-rpgs out there?

Yes.

I like how people bash fallout 2 just for having lulz but forget that it had everything else that made fallout - fallout. Non-linearity, C&C, the same good gameplay plus dialogue stat checks (FO1 didn't have that).
FOPOS and FO3 didn't/won't even come close to that.

St. Toxic

Arcane
R.I.P.

Fallout

Oh I wish. Prepare yourself for Fallout 4: Quest for the sex chipz and Fallout 5: BOSS Strikez back, not to mention FOOL. This corpse is going to twitch for a long, long time.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
skyway said:
I like how people bash fallout 2 just for having lulz but forget that it had everything else that made fallout - fallout.
Did I say anything? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom