Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Let's Play AoD the Third

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

VD put together another one of his popular Let's Play <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/">Age of Decadence</a> articles over at <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=90&ref=0&id=2">RPGWatch</a>. Like the first two, it's jam-packed with quest and dialogue examples. I'm not going to put any of those examples in this newspost for fear of potentially spoiling the game for some people, but let's just say your character has amnesia, you have a piece of your father's sword stuck up your rectum, and time travel is somehow involved.
<br>
<br>
Read the <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=90&ref=0&id=2">article</a> and then head over to the <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php">Iron Tower Forums</a> to get in on the action.

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vince is doing a good business, because apparently RPGWatch is an Iron Tower division now. At least judging by the link it is.

Black

Arcane
IT'D BE AWESOME IF WE COULD PLAY OUR OWN AOD, NO?!!?!!?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Damn it. I posted my news too early. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can bury this news item and hide it from the front page.

Black said:
I'm pretty sure the article is just a summary of the fat-ass "Let's Play AOD" thread over on the ITS forums. Having our own summary just sounds like it'd be doing work that someone else has already done.

elander_

Arbiter
Now that quests show more choices it looks very interesting. It's nice to see an assassin taking advantage of dialog options to kill their opponents.

Black

Arcane
Niektory said:
I'm pretty sure he meant it as RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ALREADY.
Yes, thank you! One Duke Nuke'em Forever is enough.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Play AoD in 2010

This game is so much a role-playing game that you have actually to play make-believe and imagine you're playing it, this is great

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
2010? Whoa - that's very outdated for a game that still has got 2 years of development. [/shittalk]

Preorders, bitch!!!

Black said:

Actually it would be pretty hilarious if he finished the game and then refused to release it, instead just posting lots of let's play threads and reviews from the 2 guys round his place watching him play, saying lots of 'WOW the character creation is amazing!!', "oh my GOD what a fucking cool twist!', 'you know, I never thought dialogue could be so artful' and 'man that interaction between what you do and the endings is brilliant!' etc etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom