Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Partial list of ToEE patch fixes

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Troika Games

<b>Pezman</b> has posted <a href="http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=306">an announcement</a> in the <A href="http://www.ataricommunity.com/">Ztari forums</a> listing some of the things that will be fixed in the upcoming patch for <A href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>. Here's that list:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li> Fixed mouse lockups due to pathing in combat.</li><li> Fixed crashes when switching maps.</li><li> Random crash bugs dealing with invalid object handles being stored in conditions should no longer crash.</li><li> If you kill everyone in the game, there is an end slide about Feldrin escaping, but he never appeared in the game. Feldrin now appears in the game and will have dialog with the party.</li><li> Produce flame can no longer be cast multiple times in the first round it is cast.</li><li> Touch attack spells no longer allow infinite actions in the first round they are cast.</li><li> Magic weapon, Greater magic weapon, Magic vestment and Keen edge are no longer permanent.</li><li> Several corrections to spells using incorrect caster levels.</li><li> Tumble now properly works for characters not in medium or heavy armor.</li><li> Ranger feats related to medium and heavy armor are now correct, including two-weapon fighting.</li><li> Rangers correctly get animal companions at level 4 (rather than level 5).</li><li> Movement penalties for MEDIUM and HEAVY armor no longer apply if you are medium or more encumbered.</li><li> Non-torso armor no longer applies movement penalties if they are classified as "Medium" or "Heavy" armor (e.g. chainmail gloves won't reduce movement but chainmail armor will).</li><li> Experience now awarded for monsters with CR > 24.</li><li> NPC's will not mark loot as non-transferable if they do not pick it up (which happened when their inventory was full but they were trying to loot).</li><li> NPC's cannot be made angry at party members while they are in the party (this avoids the problem of disbanding them and them going KOS on you).</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
At least we no longer have to kill followers to park them somewhere.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>Seven9</b> for the word.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
About bloody time...

I hope that they can release the patch before next weekend, so I can get a chance at playing the sodding thing...

I wonder if the brothel fix is in the patch? And will the children reappear?

Jarinor

Liturgist
I'm just hoping that the damn bugs plaguing me now get fixed, namely:

1. One of my characters is permanently 'poisoned'. He's got the indicator, but no negative effects at all (Dragon Bile if it's actually a feature)

2. Permanent stinking cloud status on my cleric. This is the most annoying, because now she can't memorise any spells or fight. Only good as a meat sponge and mule now.

3. Two of my character keep making saving throws against mysterious conditions - nothing happens if they succeed or if they fail. Nevertheless, I'm always informed that they just failed the throw...and they make it every five seconds.

Those are my only real complaints in an otherwise bloody good game, but No.2 is shitting me to tears. I don't want to take the consititution/xp cut from killing and then raising her, and dispel magic/cure poison/neutralise disease/anything else I can think of doesn't fix the problem.

Oh yeah, if you know how to fix these problems, I'd love it if you told me.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Fixing the first problem is easy - yes, Dragon BIle is bugged. Someone please e-mail Steve and tell him. Just go to a cleric like Jaroo and have him to cast neutralize poison on you or use a neutralize poison potion.

Now as for what I want to see in the patch:
1) FIxed cleric domains
2) Horrible loot script - they shouldn't loot until they're bloody encumbered, damn it.And why do they pick up rubbish like "Gnoll Spiked Shield" and "1cp Leather armor"?

Seven

Erudite
I'm curious, has any one encountered the bug where the game crashes if you try to craft weapons and have scrolls in your inventory? It's preventing me from making those *special* magical items. :wink:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Beats the hell out of me. As far as I can tell it only crashes if your inventory is full or has only 1 free slot.

Seven

Erudite
Exitium said:
Beats the hell out of me. As far as I can tell it only crashes if your inventory is full or has only 1 free slot.

I've noticed (and I've posted this on the atari boards) that the only way to get those special weapon attributes is to have the corresponding scroll in your inventory, but now whenever I have said scroll and try to activate the craft armor/weapon feat it the game crashes. I'm also curious how others have gotten this feat to work. BTW Ex, you worked on the Co* patch right?

baelstren

Educated
Patron
Insert Title Here
One thing I would like to see fixed (I even tried to hack/hexedit this but it's hardcoded somewhere) is evil characters who multiclass into cleric receiving turn as opposed to rebuke undead. My NE Necromancer wants to COMMAND, not destroy, the undead after taking cleric levels!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom