Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic 2 delayed

Ibbz

Augur
Tags: Gothic II; Piranha Bytes

The <a href="http://www.jowood.com/gamers/index.php?site=2?=en&GameID=gothic2">Jowood product page</a> has been updated, revealing that the expected Gothic 2 has been pushed back to Q1 2003, from the previous release date of later this month. Devastating news for Gothic fans.
<br>
Spotted at <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a>.

Rosh

Erudite
As long as it makes the game better, I'm all for it.

I also hope it's not going to be wide open->linear as a wire, again.

An evil outcome for Gothic would have been neat, but I could understand that it would have been awkward for a sequel.

Still, it's leagues beyond the crap that was "Virtue Raider".

Ibbz

Augur
devastating was over the top, but at least it attracts attention! :D

Ibbz

Augur
As do i, i didnt find combat enjoyable at all in the original.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
No, I hated the combat as well. It was way, way too arcadish, using combos and the like to bring down your enemies. It was also forced on you, you either used them or you died. I also hated that spells were forced on you to get through certain places, like the elemental golem areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom