Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo 3 on its way?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Diablo III

Now it's time for unfounded fan speculation. Although this is a little more serious than most (in that it's actually true). It seems the fansite that used to be at <a href="http://diablo3.com">diablo3.com</a> has moved to <a href="http://diablofans.com">diablofans.com</a>. Why?
<br>
<blockquote>Well, there's no point in beating around the bush any longer, so let's get right down to it. A few months ago we were contacted by Blizzard in regards to the Diablo3.com domain name. While they appreciate all the work that's been put into running this big Diablo fan community over the years, they still want the domain name. Hmm, I wonder why?
<br>
<br>
Blizzard is actually being really cool about it, giving us all the time we need to make it a smooth transition before we hand the old domain over to them.
<br>
<br>
Some gaming news sites are reporting that Blizzard "purchased" the diablo3.com domain from me. This is not the case. As I stated in the above post, if it was my intention to make a profit off of the domain, I could've sold it years ago, but I didn't. When Blizzard spoke to me about their interest in the domain, I was happy to give it to them since they had no problems with us moving the site to diablofans.com and will now be working more closely with us in the future. So yeah, I just wanted to clear that up... there is no monetary exchange taking place, I'm simply giving Blizzard the diablo3 domain.</blockquote>
<br>
<a href="http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7199">Cue wild speculation</a>. Hmmm... We need a crazy speculation news type...
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://sorcerers.net">Sorcerers.net</a>

Texas Red

Whiner
Is Diablo singe player worth playing? I got bored to tears with Titan Quest and I don't see any reason why Diablo would be better.

Texas Red

Whiner
Kingston said:
Diablo is better. So yes, there is a point.

Also, this thread done to death in other thread.

Do you care to elaborate? I won't simply take your word that its better. You are, after all, a dirty Fin.

Shannow

Waster of Time
The Walkin' Dude said:
Kingston said:
Diablo is better. So yes, there is a point.

Also, this thread done to death in other thread.

Do you care to elaborate? I won't simply take your word that its better. You are, after all, a dirty Fin.
You wouldn't like it. Don't waste your time.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Diablo 1/2 are both great at singleplayer, but of course D2 battle.net gaming (or just friendly 8ppl games on LAN using special mods or the like) is always better and much more fun (and challenging).
If you expect a little more storytelling along the way, go for Diablo 1. Thouhg I would say atmopshere is great in both games, it's just that D2 is visually more varied.

Concerning D3, well, I don't even know what to expect, so I'll just wait and see.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Blizzard is actually being really cool about it, giving us all the time we need to make it a smooth transition before we hand the old domain over to them.
"gobble gobble plz blizz give me moar cock i lurv ur jizzcum all over my eyeballs"

Nightjed

Liturgist
getting the site doesnt mean anything, they talked about ghost openly for years (probably got the site a year earlier) before putting it in the freezer until further notice (aka when duke nukem forever 5 gets released)

they spent years sculpting a cg ass that will (probably) never bounce in our pcs/consoles
sghost2.jpg

just look at it, LOOK AT IT DAMNIT!!!, BLIZZARD IS NOTHING BUT A BIG TEASE!!!

ejem, i mean, i have no expectation for diablo 3 whatsoever... :x

Eron

Novice
Oh god.. I swear , if this is even close to a MMORPG I am going to snap..

Atrokkus

Erudite
Diablo grinding is the only kind of grinding I really enjoyed. And yes, Diablo (2, at any rate) is all about grinding, powergaming etc.

However, I will, too, lose a lot of respect for Blizzard if they make it a MMORPG in the most common sense of the word, with pay-to-play and all that. What D3 needs is a greately enhanced battle.net system, with the same game structure (possibly with higher player cap).

Section8

Cipher
Wild speculation? This is as sure as death, taxes and a new X-Com from the Artists Formerly Known as Irrational.

roshan

Arcane
Diablo 2's atmosphere sucked shit. It moved from the grim/demonic/menacing atmosphere of Diablo 1 to some sort of gay cartoon shit where you fought catwomen and midgets.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Wild speculation?
I was told on 4chan I was a moron for believing they were making Diablo 3 because I could not point to a single statement that stated Diablo 3 was in production so there was no proof. Clearly both of us are morons.

Eron

Novice
Well, the grind was introduced in action RPG's long before MMORPG's were around..

I do indeed want the dark gothic feel to Diablo brought back.. Scrap 3d graphics, or at least get real inventive with the style 2d/3d hybrid. A diablo 3 thats like Hellgate would be dissapointing..

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
roshan said:
Diablo 2's atmosphere sucked shit. It moved from the grim/demonic/menacing atmosphere of Diablo 1 to some sort of gay cartoon shit where you fought catwomen and midgets.

I own and still to this day have never finished Diablo 2. I've finished 1 when it first came out. And I even replayed 1 again a couple of years ago. Every time I start it up, I play for a while... and then I just lose interest in playing it.

I think you summed it up quite nicely.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Here's a nice quote comparing the atmospheres of D1 and D2:

Diablo II was Conan the Barbarian. High fantasy. Swords. Sorcery. Ridiculously scantily clad made chicks and amazons.

Diablo I was Dagon. H.P. Lovecraft shit yourself weird and scary.

I think it's pretty accurate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom