Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher editor, patch and premium module released

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

<a href=http://www.cdprojekt.com>CD Projekt</a> and <a href=http://www.atari.com>Atari</a> released the D'jinni Adventure Editor, The Price of Neutrality premium module and patch 1.3for <a href=http://www.thewitcher.com>The Witcher</a>. The patch and premium adventure are bundled together as <a href=http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/en/www/patch.html>one download</a>, while the editor can be <a href=http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/en/www/djinni.html>downloaded separately</a>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The Price of Neutrality is the first official adventure from the team at CD Projekt and features around two hours of gameplay during which the player is introduced to the other witchers in more detail following their brief appearance in the original game. Populated with new NPC&#8217;s and other new graphical assets, the adventure takes the player into the little explored outskirts of Kaer Morhen in a compelling story with tough decisions and more than one possible ending. The adventure text is localised among all in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Polish. In the same download, patch 1.3 readies the game for playing the new adventure.
<br>
<br>
The English language D&#8217;jinni beta adventure editor will let fans craft complete new adventures for Geralt using the existing graphical assets, maps and environments in the game. By creating new stories, cut-scenes, graphical effects, dialogue and gameplay actions, users of the adventure editor can let their imaginations run wild predicting the turmoil and tests waiting in Geralt&#8217;s future, or even filling in the missing years between the close of Andrzej Sapkowski&#8217;s last Witcher novel and the start of the game.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
CD Projekt has also recently opened a public beta of <a href=http://duelmail.thewitcher.com>The Witcher: DuelMail</a> browser game, where you can fight other players if you're into that sort of thing.
<br>
<br>
Cheers, <b>Didi</b>!
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/489.html">The Witcher official site</A>

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
They announced that the 1.3 patch would feature a better, uncut English translation (they went through the trouble of making new voice-overs simply because of fan outrage... there is still hope for this world)

I'm curious how that worked out - anyone with the English version, post your impressions please :P

Ausir

Arcane
No, the 1.3 patch does not feature the new translation. That will be released as part of the Enhanced Edition in May.

Thalkirst

Novice
From the official 1.3 patch release notes:

======================================================
5. New features and fixes
======================================================

The Module Edition Upgrade package updates the Witcher to version 1.3 and adds the functionality of running a user editable module. The sample module has been provided, offering a couple of hours of additional gameplay, which can be altered by the user using the Module Editor. The New Game main menu offers two options now: starting the regular game, or starting new adventure (new module).

WARNING! The Witcher 1.3 Module Edition is only partially compatible with saved games from previous versions (1.0, 1.1a, 1.2). Loading older saved games is still possible but may lead to unexpected behavior and other problems. The players are advised to restart the game from the beginning using The Witcher 1.3 Module Edition.

Gameplay and text bugs fixed:
- Fixed various localization issues for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish languages,
- Fixed combat abilities 'Patinado' and 'Sinister' issue when proper modifier has not been applied correctly under given circumstances,

Code bugs fixed:
- Fixed a few random crashes in Prologue and Chapters 1, 2 and 3,
- Fixed crash in Act 4 when running near exit to lakeside from village to inn,
- Fixed game crash when using Alt+Tab, especially while loading location or game,
- Fixed dialogue camera shots on standing up characters,
- Fixed issue with 'Game Paused' text disappear occasionally after exiting game panel when game was paused during opening of a panel,
- Fixed issue with disabled attack when player holds block for a long time and then immediately tries to strike,
- Fixed various issues regarding mousedrive steering and pathfinding,
- Fixed weapon enchants not updating properly when switching weapon slots or dropping weapon from inventory panel,
- Fixed issue with Geralt not attacking immobile creatures or not approaching objects from a certain distance,
- Fixed issue with blocking middle mouse button during some cutscenes and when fistfight starts,
- Fixed occasional issues with sheathing weapon after combat and on Alt+Tab,
- Fixed issue with breaking meditation mode if Geralt is attacked when entering meditation,

Madman

Novice
HUGE improvement in loading times and FPS (+10, up to +15)

worth of downloading!

and editor looks pretty cool too. I'll have to give it a closer look, but i liked that you can play while editing mod. usefull solution i believe.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Madman said:

That sounds great, I wonder how much space is there for tweaking in this already tweaked in the previous patches game :wink: [what a terrible sentence I've just written]

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
Should I wait for the enhanced version to play the Price of Neutrality, or should I play it now? Choices, choices...

Wursel

Novice
- Fixed issue with disabled attack when player holds block for a long time and then immediately tries to strike,
You can block? :o (I'm in chapter IV ;))

Thrasher

Erudite
I'm waiting, I've got enough in the queue to keep me busy in the meantime.

I figure for most RPGs, one year after release is about the sweet spot for getting the bugs out and still having an active community.

fastpunk

Arbiter
I love these CD Projekt guys for the effort they're putting into this game. I can't wait for the Enhanced Edition.

Texas Red

Whiner
I'm eagerly waiting for comments about the module from the Codex. Anyone played it yet? Their choice of module is pretty good by the way, since the game left you wanting more story about the rest of the witchers.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So, why the long load times in the first place? Bad coding?

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Madman said:

worth of downloading!

That's great to know, I plan on reinstalling TW pretty soon.

Regarding the editor - huge thanks to the CDP team, I'm eager to try it out.

MasPingon

Arcane
VonVentrue said:
Madman said:

worth of downloading!

That's great to know, I plan on reinstalling TW pretty soon.

Regarding the editor - huge thanks to the CDP team, I'm eager to try it out.

Wait until enhanced edition(16 may). 1.3 patch makes no huge difference, it's all about the editor

Suchy

Arcane
I'll wait for EE, which is supposed to be a huge improvement, including new NPC models, new animations adn another story module. Then I'll start with new modules and a second playthrough, taking a different path.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
I've tried this new module and didn't enjoy it.
This is silly little piece of shit and even exploiting one of Sapkowski's most interesting moral choices doesn't make it any better.

Thalkirst

Novice
The Walkin' Dude said:
I'm eagerly waiting for comments about the module from the Codex. Anyone played it yet? Their choice of module is pretty good by the way, since the game left you wanting more story about the rest of the witchers.

ACHTUNG, SPOILERS

Well, the 95% of the module is an absolutely boring click 'n' hack 'n' slash fest.

There is 1 quest and 2 side quests.

It has three different endings, but these endings are determined by your decision at the very end. It adds a bit of a flavor, but can't redeem the 95% that is ultra bland and boring.

And 2 chicks, but no sex cards. Damn.... :(

To sum it up, fans only.

Definitely does not worth the attention of the prestigious RPGCodex magazine.

MetalCraze

Arcane
the only thing that can really save witcher is totally rewriting that awful "bring me N of that shit" quests. not only they are boring but you also must seek a lore on the monster you have to kill and get his tongue f.e. wtf? like Geralt totally doesn't know where's a tongue in that humanoid creature body - which doesn't stop him from retrieving it's brain for ingredients without any knowledge.
also whoever came up with the idea of that granny in Shani's house deserves to be castrated. it was ok the first 2-3 times. but when you have to wait for a 30th time while Vyzima's streets are loading (considering witcher's loading times) - really it makes me want to torture kittens.

and also the engine leaks like crazy. Trade Quarter is probably the least well designed part of the city - I mean it's empty - just lots of blocky buildings - and it takes the whole 2gbs of ram with a loading time of 5+ mins - wtf?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom