Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Fallout 3 Pics

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

A <A HREF="http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/fallout-3-the-new-pictures-at-pcgamesde/">few new pictures</A> of Fallout 3 have surfaced at the German website PCgames.de, and some site that calls itself Fallout 3 Worldpress has uploaded them for the non-German speakers to behold. And they also have <A HREF=http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/360-magazine-fallout-special/>a few notes out of the UK's X360 magazine</A>, who wrote an article about Fallout 3. Most of it is pretty similar to the other previews we've seen already, which is not surprising.
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the news to <strong>Briosafreak</strong>.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://fallout3.wordpress.com">Briosapostnuclearblog</A>
<br>
<br>

Morbus

Scholar
As I said before somewhere you guys can't access, god, do they look awful... -_-

Herbert West

Arbiter
Nothing special... Some guy shooting a zombie...

Oh wait, that's a ghoul...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Morbus said:
As I said before somewhere you guys can't access, god, do they look awful... -_-

Yeah no shti

The environmentals are pretty good, though.

Ghouls and mutants? Not so much.

Morbus

Scholar
Brother None said:
Yeah no shti
Irony or just a typo? :P

Brother None said:
The environmentals are pretty good, though.

Ghouls and mutants? Not so much.
And the BOS knight... That big white monument thing looks weird too... Must be the complete lack of environment shadows...

Texas Red

Whiner
Like I said, more pics depicting combat only. When will we ever see different styled cities to get a feel of, you know, FO?

And Morbus, for the love of VD, change your avatar! I always have to check if its you or Calis posting.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ixg said:
what's up with the birthday party

http://fallout3.files.wordpress.com/200 ... lout12.jpg

You mean that one? Heh, maybe that's the first scene of the game, right after you created your character and you are "born" :lol:

This is quite likely, see how the signs in the background say "Clinic" and "Classroom", indicating that this is probably some children's area in the Vault. And somehow this makes me depressed. A child birthday in a Vault in Fallout. Bleak and hopeless adult mature world right there.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
JarlFrank said:
ixg said:

http://fallout3.files.wordpress.com/200 ... lout12.jpg

You mean that one? Heh, maybe that's the first scene of the game, right after you created your character and you are "born" :lol:

This is quite likely, see how the signs in the background say "Clinic" and "Classroom", indicating that this is probably some children's area in the Vault. And somehow this makes me depressed. A child birthday in a Vault in Fallout. Bleak and hopeless adult mature world right there.

's the course of the game

You get born, press "A" to cry, dad looks like you
Then you hit, like, your 10th birthday (or summat), at your birthday (see screenshot) you get the you're special book to determine your characteristics and a BB gun to learn how to shoot

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Gamebryo 2.whatever: Blurry textures and no dynamic shadows! I thought all jazz was promised for Oblivion (I recall Todd going on about dynamic shadows), and they still ain't here. Dogmeat is important enough to cast a shadow though.

The environments, especially this, look pretty spiffing. A big improvement over Oblivion for sure.

I don't know about that horrible saturated green though.

And just to say, STALKER looks fantastic due to the lighting, Fallout3 doesn't appear to have much, just a colour overlay over everything. ... Oh and Clear Sky looks cool.

Amasius

Augur
F3party.jpg

Fallout 3? - Let's party!!!!11 :hahano:

spacemoose

Erudite
I think that party screenshot captures the fallout spirit very well - you have elements of an idyllic american life - the birthday hats, jukebox etc. contrasted with the grim reality of nuclear war - the sterile vault, the vault suits. I mean look at the guy amasius posted:

F3party.jpg
that is EXACTLY vault 13 atmosphere

so while I don't expect the gameplay to be fun or there to be meaningful choices/consequences, I have no doubt that bethesda will nail down the atmosphere to a tee. its their one specialty

Atrokkus

Erudite
Well the environments look pretty fucking great, though the excessive specular brightness makes it a bit too glossy for something that is supposed to be gritty and dark (i.e., the oblivion syndrome).

human characters look great, too.. and the bos armor looks true to the original.
But the muties and ghouls... errrr it just screams "fantasy!" in your fuckin eye.

Well, fuck, I know I want to play that game just for shits and gigles and eye candy.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Spacemoose said:
that is EXACTLY vault 13 atmosphere

so while I don't expect the gameplay to be fun or there to be meaningful choices/consequences, I have no doubt that bethesda will nail down the atmosphere to a tee. its their one specialty

From seeing the inside of the vault, yeah, except for a few details (the British Mr Handy, the way the vault security/Overseer's goon and the "local gang" don't quite "click'" ) the vault is really good, fits Fallout to a T, etc. etc.

Praise and praise. It really is quite good.

Megaton, too, very Junktown, not bad at all.

But does that combine to mean "they will nail the atmosphere"? Ooof. I wouldn't quite say that. Remember, the behaviour of the NPCs, the position of the supermutants, ghouls and BoS, the dark irony, is all a part of the atmosphere. Visual atmosphere isn't all of it and even if it was, I'm not sure they'll be dead on in that area either

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
ixg said:

Actually, it's the mourning party. Bethesda are celebrating butchering a great franchise.

The environments look very good, but what the heck happened to object shadows?

MetalCraze

Arcane
that patented beth bloom is killing my eyes.
I can't believe they still didn't fix it and find it beautiful.

User was nabbed fit

Now I'm not a graphics whore, but those graphics look pretty shit in relative terms (i.e. compared to what's out these days). It just seems that the engine hasn't aged so well. Just a remark.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
The ghouls and mutants are actually remarkably faithful to the sprites, but the talking heads, which are more memorable, seem to have been forgotten. It's like they just went digging around in the art files instead of playing the game.

Lumpy

Arcane
If anything, it's going to be a fun "Explore the world of Fallout!" hiking simulator.
And yeah, the vault is pretty cool.
Bullshit. Just look at the pic. You have colourful balloons and bright party hats, yeah, but the party takes place in a small, isolated, metallic and cold room. Not exactly a child's dream party, is it?

WalterKinde

Scholar
Then the good news maybe on the pc side it shouldn't break the bank requiring a 756mb nvidia 9600GT, Vista , 3.2 ghz dual core cpu and 4gb of ram.
But then remember NWN 2 or The Matrix: Path of Neo system requirements a few years back, at the time high end systems requirements for low end graphics rendering.

NiM82

Prophet
Lumpy said:
If anything, it's going to be a fun "Explore the world of Fallout!" hiking simulator.

Except it won't be a hiking sim, it's got set piece locations rather than a free roaming world a'la Morrowind, or at least that's what I've gathered from the previews. The only hiking will be down zombie/orc infested tunnels that link the hubs.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ViolentOpposition said:
Now I'm not a graphics whore, but those graphics look pretty shit in relative terms (i.e. compared to what's out these days). It just seems that the engine hasn't aged so well. Just a remark.

that doesn't depend on the engine here. models are simply fugly. which means beth 3d artists are shit. really look at that screenshot with vd101 walking into a desert with dogmeat who apparently lives for like 100 years now - because of those buildings and trees it feels like a desert version of a generic oblivion village.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I dunno, human models look awesome. Almost Mass Effect level of awesomeness. (but of course it's no Crysis, far from it, worlds apart)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom