Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News NWN Gold Edition coming in November

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

In case you were lucky enough to miss NWN the first time, <a href=http://www.atari.com>Atari</a> and <a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a> are, according to <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinternightsge/news_6076605.html>this</a> <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc">Gamespot PC</a> news item, preparing to release <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com>Neverwinter Nights Gold</a>. This new version will include a heap of things such as:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote> * The Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide expansion pack
<br>
* A new single-player campaign
<br>
* New spells
<br>
* New weapons (including Holy Water Flasks and Choking Powder)
<br>
* New feats (including Divine Might and Great Cleave)
<br>
* New skills (including Appraise and Tumble)
<br>
* New monsters (including the Sphinx, Manticore, Cockatrice, and Pit Fiend)
<br>
* New tools and content for the Aurora Toolset
<br>
* Four new Aurora Toolset-created modules: The Winds of Eremor, To Heir is Human, The Dark Ranger's Treasure, and BioWare's Contest of Champions.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I still don't think it's worth the <b>$39.95</b> they'll be charging for it.

Psilon

Erudite
"Four new Aurora Toolset-created modules: The Winds of Eremor, To Heir is Human, The Dark Ranger's Treasure, and BioWare's Contest of Champions."

Getting the (freely downloadable) pre-order modules is a bonus? The ones that took 45 minutes to create and 10 to play? The ones that are essentially a start place, an outdoor dungeon, and an indoor dungeon? And CoC's been in the patches for a year now!

Waaa ha ha ha! Good one. Say what you will about NWN, this is a bullet point that no one familiar with the game can praise.

Voss

Erudite
Ah, marketing at its best.

Some how the inclusion of SoU doesn't encompass the things within it.

The listed skills- in SoU.
The feats? SoU.
Manticore... definitely SoU, not sure about others off the top of my head.

So, is the new single player campaign just SoU, or is it another 'new' campaign?

Bad, Bioware marketing, bad.
If you were a puppy I'd smack you across the nose with a rolled up newspaper and rub your face in your own urine.

Edit: Oh wait. Read the content on the link. Bad editing Spazmo.

The gold edition will also include the Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide expansion pack, which contains a treasure chest of new features, including:
blah <snip> blah

Its just a list of things in SoU.
You're a bad puppy Spazmo.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Since when does the developer, BIoware do the marketing? I though that was the publisher Atar's job? Hmm...

Psilon, I agree, very silly indeed. What's funny is that I haven't even bothered to play those 4 "modules".

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I specially disliked a module, The Dark Ranger's Trasure. Its basically a tavern, a party NPC, a forest, and a tomb with most, if not all, of the uber-gear in the game. Magic armours a go-go. Whee, the fun.

The Winds of Eremor was an outdoor area with a sort of castle, its owner on top, and a crypt with an undead that needed +3 weapons to hit. The mobs were scaled to your level, but the NPC gaurds whacked them before you could do it yourself. Ah yes, and it had multiple weapon racks with +1 Long Swords.

To Heir is Human was possibly the longest of the maps, but even then... one forest area with some NPCs, the main quest giver and a storekeeper, another forest area with spiders, a cave with Drow, a sniverfiniblin (sp?), and a Drow Priestess, her friends and a kid. Yay.

Contest of Champions was an online championship arena. IIRC you had to be level 10 before fighting, and you had the chance to buy weapons and armour before battling. Your gear could not be worth more than a set value (so if you had high gear you had to dump it). And there were 4 storekeepers who sold most of the entire gear in the game. You could get some nice +2 and +3 generic gear before fighting.

And yes, all of this free.

Spazmo

Erudite
Voss: They must have edited it. I copy pasted the bullet point list, which included SoU. The newspost on GameSpot now doesn't have that thing on the list.

Voss

Erudite
Huh. The infection of evil is spreading. We must all be cleansed!

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, not really. They just made a mistake in their newspost (or maybe Atari messed up the press release) and fixed it. I'd rather they do ninja edits than keep inaccurate news.

That said, I'm not changing mine. Why? Just because.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom