Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ToEE hits the charts!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Troika Games

<A href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a> has finally landed on the <A href="http://www.npdtechworld.com/">NPD Techworld</a> charts, coming in at <b>Number 5</b> for the week of the 21st to the 27th.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>1.) MoH: Allied Assault Breakthrough / EA / $22
<br>
2.) C&C: Generals Zero Hour / EA / $26
<br>
3.) Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy / LucasArts / $42
<br>
4.) Homeworld 2 / VU Games / $41
<br>
5.) <u>Temple of Elemental Evil</u> / Atari / $50
<br>
6.) Flight Sim 2004: Century of Flight / Microsoft / $53
<br>
7.) SimCity 4: Rush Hour / EA / $20
<br>
8.) The Sims: Superstar / EA / $30
<br>
9.) The Sims Deluxe / EA / $42
<br>
10.) Command & Conquer: Generals / EA / $40</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Climb, boy! Climb!
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the tip, <b>Exitium</b> who got this from <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/">GameSpot</a>
<br>

Psilon

Erudite
Not necessarily. Fallout Tactics was the single most preordered game in Interplay history, yet it flopped within three weeks of release.

Voss

Erudite
Why is it that I can only find the link to last weeks list?
Off the link in the post, it seems to be the current one.

Lemon

Arcane
The word of mouth must be decent then.

For anyone Its an accomplishment to appear above the (insert then current) sims expansion

EEVIAC

Erudite
ToEE has just been released in Australia, not that Australian sales will effect world figures much. We did get crystal cases for our cd's, a perfect bound 172 page manual (what happened to the other four?) and pre-orders recieved a comic-store-guy-from-the-Simpsons sized t-shirt. No shit - its XXL and it looks like a muu-muu.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
EEVIAC said:
(what happened to the other four?)
We're smarter than Americans. We don't need so many words to describe simple concepts. :)

EEVIAC: By the way, I did notice that thread where you mentioned ToEE would be out in Australia earlier. You shop at the Berlin Wall?

*Prepares to run down to Berlin Wall this weekend*

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
EEVIAC said:
ToEE has just been released in Australia, not that Australian sales will effect world figures much. We did get crystal cases for our cd's, a perfect bound 172 page manual (what happened to the other four?) and pre-orders recieved a comic-store-guy-from-the-Simpsons sized t-shirt. No shit - its XXL and it looks like a muu-muu.

Hardcore RPG players wear muu-muus.

EEVIAC

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
EEVIAC said:
(what happened to the other four?)
We're smarter than Americans. We don't need so many words to describe simple concepts. :)

The last four pages are "notes" pages anyways. Like I'm going to write in the back of my manual. :roll: Its printed on really good stock too, thick and shiny, the sort that wouldn't get all crumpled in spiral bound.

EEVIAC: By the way, I did notice that thread where you mentioned ToEE would be out in Australia earlier. You shop at the Berlin Wall?

*Prepares to run down to Berlin Wall this weekend*

I got my copy from an EB in North Queensland. Here's the perplexing thing - Games Warehouse recieved the game on the 3rd, but they have no more copies left. Games Market are still listing their release date as 24th, and even the ever professional Atari (I'd link to the site but its down) is saying 24th. BW has 13 copies left and say they recieved the game on the 9th, same as my Northern EB. It makes you wonder what the fuck their problem is when they can't even have a simultaneous national release.

Anyways, I hope you get your hands on it soon.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
EEVIAC said:
Games Market are still listing their release date as 24th, and even the ever professional Atari (I'd link to the site but its down) is saying 24th.

:shock:

Greyhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil PC

Platform: PC
Category: RPG
Censorship: N/A
Publisher: Atari
Release Date: 24/10/2003

Our Price: $83.95

And BW with a $84.29 value!

Are these people bonkers? I already consider it abusive any game that's above 40 Euros :shock:

axel

Liturgist
Role-Player said:

Are these people bonkers? I already consider it abusive any game that's above 40 Euros :shock:

84 dollars Austrailian is probably like 20 dollars monoply

EEVIAC

Erudite
axel said:
Role-Player said:

84 dollars Austrailian is probably like 20 dollars monoply

Hehe - if you hadn't said that, I wouldn't have checked a currency converter and found out just how much we're being ripped off. The AUD is pretty strong right now but game prices haven't gone down accordingly. $90AU is $62US or 52 Euro.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yahoo Finance Currency Conversion (Take a look at the two year chart there to see the trend, as low as .50c last year.)

When the Aussie dollar was about $1 buying $0.55 US, prices were better. Games here hover around the $90 mark ($90 AUS * 0.55 = $49.50 us).

Current exchage rate as of right now is $1 AUS buys $0.69 US ($85 AUS * 0.69 = $58.65). So we're really "paying more", not that I'm gonna notice it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom