Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Jerusalem Post: The Witcher reeks of perversion

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

The leading Israeli English-language newspaper, <a href=http://www.jpost.com/>The Jerusalem Post</a>, has <a href=http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1201070793235&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull>reviewed</a> <a href=http://www.thewitcher.com>The Witcher</a> by <a href=http://www.cdprojekt.com>CD Projekt</a>.
<br>
<blockquote>Freed from the shackles of communism, Polish software developers feel at liberty to go as far as they want, with unrestrained violence and sex in the videogames they export to Britain and other Western countries. This adult-only role-playing game, based on a series of fantasy stories by best-selling Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, is an example of high technical skill and low morals that can nevertheless legally be purchased by youngsters.</blockquote>The horror! Maybe Israel should get a content rating system like the rest of the world? You can read the rest of the review <a href=http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1201070793235&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull>here</a>.

Morbus

Scholar
Israel shouldn't even be allowed to have games in the first place, let alone a rating system...

Sorry for any Israelis here, but stupidity is stupidity...

Ah, hell, who cares what they say? They have the right to say whatever they want, right? ;) (I was just kidding about that first part).

Fez

Erudite
Damn. If I didn't already have the game then this article would have prompted me to buy it. It makes it sound awesome.

Texas Red

Whiner
Yeah? Well the Jerusalem Post affects negatively "youngsters" and the rest of the society by spreading their scientifically baseless, ignorant views that lack even common sense, and retard a new field of entertainment from becoming more than just games.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ausir said:
The leading Israeli English-language newspaper, <a>The Jerusalem Post</a>, <a>has reviewed</a> <a>CD Projekt's</a> <a>The Witcher</a>.

Ok, seriously...do something about your newspost formatting.

Why would *any* readers require links to the Jerusalem Post main page, the article, the CD Projekt main page and the Witcher main page all linked to in a newspost? Why not just link to the article?

I don't know about others but I keep misclicking links on the Codex frontpage. Hella annoying.

Ausir

Arcane

Why would *any* readers require links to the Jerusalem Post main page, the article, the CD Projekt main page and the Witcher main page all linked to in a newspost? Why not just link to the article?

I don't know about others but I keep misclicking links on the Codex frontpage. Hella annoying.
Dunno, that's what Saint_Proverbius told us to do back in 2002.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ausir said:

Dunno, that's what Saint_Proverbius told us to do back in 2002.

I know you've been doing it for years, but it still sucks. It's especially confusing since all comparable newssources (watch, dot, banshee) all link only to the main article in question and occasionally the other articles if relevant. None of them ever add extra links to website main pages. I mean, just ask yourself: what's the practical motivation for adding an extra link to the CD Projekt main page? What purpose does it serve?

In the sacred words of Hypnobama, you guys need some change!

Also, on topic: lulz.

Fez

Erudite
Too many links in a short paragraph makes it look like Wikipedia or a terrible blog.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Not that I would ever get as . . . passionate . . . as Brother None about it, but I agree with him that there's really no need for all the links.

Ausir

Arcane
Fez said:
Damn. If I didn't already have the game then this article would have prompted me to buy it. It makes it sound awesome.

I wonder how much Atari/CD Projekt paid them for the review.

Mayday

Augur
So are youngsters in Jerusalem really allowed to legally purchase the Witcher?
Talk about a liberal country.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shouldn't USA be bombing them already so that we'd be rid of the problem?

Oh.. no wait.. that was Iran... sorry, I always mix those countries up...

Andhaira

Arcane
lulz a game with nude pix is bad for morals. but shooting palestinian children with machine-gunz is fine? israel: you is fucked up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom