Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Mysteries of Westgate Q&A at NWVault

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

There's a tediously dull <a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Interviews.Detail&id=321">interview</a> about the second expansion pack to <a href="http://www.atari.com/nwn2">Neverwinter Nights 2</a> over at <a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/">Neverwinter Vault</a>. The questions were inflicted on three poor guys from <a href="http://www.ossianstudios.com/">Ossian Studios</a>, who I know zilch about. Anyway, the excitement begins with:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Can community modders use the custom content in their own mods and can you tell us a bit more about what you have added?
<br>
<br>
Alan Miranda:</b> That’s the plan. We would like to give fans our new creatures, new tileset, and new music to use. Modders deserve to get as much as they can to create their own adventures. For example, one of our new creatures is very versatile for many kinds of environments (versus a unique creature specific to one environment), so it would come in handy for many modders, especially in conjunction with our new sewer tileset, which is a tileset that currently isn’t found in official NWN2 resources. </blockquote>
<br>
And it goes downhill fast from there.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
  • Alan Miranda is a former BioWare producer, having been the producer on Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (AIAS Computer RPG of the Year) and the associate producer on Neverwinter Nights. His passion for playing and developing RPGs is what brought him to BioWare in the first place, and he moved on to establish Ossian Studios in order to successfully develop new RPGs and other games with the very same philosophy and commitment to high quality.
Mind you I've still got the NWN 2 CD sitting next to my PC, wondering whether I should ever actually install it one day.

Jason

chasing a bee
I'm at the orc caves part (maybe 1/3 of the way through the game) and it's been just awful so far. It's hard to keep playing when there's little to nothing to keep me motivated. Many folks say it gets better after this, which is probably the only reason it hasn't been uninstalled yet.

Lurkar

Scholar
baby arm said:
I'm at the orc caves part (maybe 1/3 of the way through the game) and it's been just awful so far. It's hard to keep playing when there's little to nothing to keep me motivated. Many folks say it gets better after this, which is probably the only reason it hasn't been uninstalled yet.

The orc caves are pretty much the lowest point in the game. I'm not gonna say everything is awesome and fun after that, but you'll at least be able to think back and say "Well...at last it's not like the orc caves."

DarkUnderlord said:
Mind you I've still got the NWN 2 CD sitting next to my PC, wondering whether I should ever actually install it one day.
How 'bout now? Now's as good a time as any.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DarkUnderlord said:
If you think you can endure the dodgy camera and the boredom of the absolute cliche prologue and actI, you should try it. Actually in actII it starts to get a bit interesting, but of course I'm mostly playing it in order to play motb later.

If you decide to play it there are some mods that without them I'm not sure if I'd continue to play the OC:
1. Companion and Monster AI Hak
2. No Dangerous Resting
3. Appearance Changer
4. Remove Annoying Effects (Stoneskin, Barkskin, etc)
5. Big Bag Inventory
6. Official Campaign Tools&Fixes
7. 10 portraits
8. Larger Minimap

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brother None said:
Maybe he's just out to bring back the True Codex

By posting news about this interview about Mysteries of Westgate and commenting it in way that makes it seem like utter shit?
Well.. it really isn't such a good interview.. but there are questions and there are answers to those questions, so.. wtf?...

denizsi

Arcane
Is there continued support to adapt to future NWN2 patch so that future patches won't render the mod unplayable?

Alan Miranda: This isn’t something we can comment about just yet.

Sound like either "Oh shit, they got us by the balls! Let's hope they work just fine!", or "We've been waiting for a response on the subject from Atari ever since".

Shannow

Waster of Time
thesheeep said:
Brother None said:

By posting news about this interview about Mysteries of Westgate and commenting it in way that makes it seem like utter shit.
Right you are and we've all been missing it :)

Section8

Cipher
Lurkar said:
baby arm said:

The orc caves are pretty much the lowest point in the game. I'm not gonna say everything is awesome and fun after that, but you'll at least be able to think back and say "Well...at last it's not like the orc caves."

Are we talking about the first or second NWN?

Amasius

Augur
thesheeep said:
Brother None said:

By posting news about this interview about Mysteries of Westgate and commenting it in way that makes it seem like utter shit?
Well.. it really isn't such a good interview.. but there are questions and there are answers to those questions, so.. wtf?...
Yeah, answers like "This isn’t something we can comment about just yet." That was the most boring interview I've read in a long time. They asked three of the Ossian people but none of them was able to tell something interesting or at least entertaining. What a waste of time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom