Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Troika Games Chat Log

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Troika Games

For all those of you who missed the chat today, came in late, or would simply like to recap the questions and answers of today's Troika Games/Temple of Elemental Evil, <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=75" target="blank">here's</a> the edited chat log all nice and cleaned up for your viewing pleasure. Here's a tiny snippet, and it's a <b>PATCH</b> related question. Rejoice:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
<b>[Exitium] [Arcana]</b> Question: If there is to be a patch...when can we expect an acknowledgement of what will and wont' be fixed/changed
<br>
<b>[TimCain]</b> We are planning for a patch that will not invalidate save games - rule #1
<br>
<b>[[Troika]Steve]</b> I know locally at Troika we've made changes to the codebase and fixed bugs, there was infact a build made after the gold build that Atari chose not to go with, and we continue to work on things when we have time.
<br>
<b>[[Troika]Tom]</b> I hope we can make an official (or unofficial) announcement by next week
<br>
<b>[[troika]hnguyen]</b> as i've written earlier on the forums, everyone who is helping to report bugs and link savegames really helps A LOT!
<br>
<b>[TimCain]</b> Atari has not told us whether or not they want to pay for a patch, so we will have to see what we can do on our own time
<br>
<b>* TimCain says "Done" </b>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
I bet you didn't see that coming.

Seven

Erudite
Well this is great. First Atari doesn't stand up to WOTC, and now they won't even shell out for a patch. Game developers deserve to burn in hell. At times like this I sorely miss GOD games, at least they tried.

Spazmo

Erudite
He didn't cut anything short. Those 160 people stopped sending us questions. We flat-out didn't have anything else to ask Troika.

Seven

Erudite
Spazmo said:
He didn't cut anything short. Those 160 people stopped sending us questions. We flat-out didn't have anything else to ask Troika.

Couldn't you have asked questions about future non DND titles. BTW, I can't believe they'd still do (and want to do) another DnD game even after the rating debacle.

Peacedog

Novice
Couldn't you have asked questions about future non DND titles.

A question was asked along those lines. Tim wasn't saying anything, except that such a thing was within the realm of possibility.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:

No, he cut it short. I had a lot more questions. I was trying to get him or Steve to stick around to field more questions, but both of them had other plans.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Spazmo said:

Ya, 160 Troika fans had no more questions, when Troika just released a new game and had shown concept art of their new game. There is nothing interesting about that so we decided not to ask anymore questions.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Spazmo said:

No, he cut it short. I had a lot more questions. I was trying to get him or Steve to stick around to field more questions, but both of them had other plans.

I was very lucky then that the first question that you asked was mine. :D

JanC

Liturgist
I'm impressed that they are (probably) going to do a patch on their own time. That's good customer service! I don't like companies that don't sem to care about their bugs.

EEVIAC

Erudite
JanC said:
I'm impressed that they are (probably) going to do a patch on their own time. That's good customer service! I don't like companies that don't sem to care about their bugs.

The way I read it in the chat, Troika can't really say that they're willing to do extensive patching and support on their own time because it sounds like they're in a poker match with Shitari for money - and why would a publisher pay for something that they can get for free? I'd imagine its a matter of pride for Troika though, it might take months that's all.

Twoface85

Novice
ok, i got a question and i dont know if it has been previously asked or answered so sorry either way. Is ToEE going to be multiplayer and if so, will it be based on the multiplayer of Arcanum becuase i was very disappointed with he inability to save your multiplayer progress besides your character, i wanted to continue on the same quests with all my stuff. The answer to this question will greatly affect if i buy the game or not.

wow is this site set in Europe? its only 3:30 where i am

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The game is single player only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom