Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Super-Orcs strike again

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

NMA has posted <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=40063">a new Screenshot</A> of Fallout 3, with a few explanations at the sides of it. The two supermutants at the right part of it look so extremely like Orcs that it's getting ridiculous. One big bad bald orc at the right, and one in plate armor at the left. Seems like Fallout 3 will be the first game ever combining traditional LotR fantasy with a post-apocalyptic setting in America.
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the news to <strong>Brother None</strong>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=40063">NMA</A>

Zhirzzh

Scholar
The game will also apparently allow you to set off mini nuclear explosions by shooting cars...

Noceur

Liturgist
I might be mistaken (was quite a while since I last played any of the Fallouts) but the super mutants aren't supposed to be "big dumb brutes", are they?

the_Consumer

Novice
....I could forgive the orcs. I mean. ok they shit on the original art design, they want to have their own crap that sells, and shit. Whatever. But that power armor. Its a fucking mediaval armor with visibel bolts (!!!!), and a simple glove! If they had it as a stupid, middle level armour put together by some junkyard 'mechanic' then it was OK. But this is supposed to be some super armor that protects against radiation, heat, bullets and whatever.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Noceur said:
I might be mistaken (was quite a while since I last played any of the Fallouts) but the super mutants aren't supposed to be "big dumb brutes", are they?

Most of them are, but there is still the option of talking to them. And there's some intelligent ones like Marcus in FO2. The ones by Bethesda are just dumb brutes attacking on sight, though, without any talking at all. I wonder if they "talk" with grunts or use any actual speech at all.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be honest, I don't think they look THAT much like stereotype Orcs.... Sure, there is a certain similarity... but if you look at those pictures, you could also say "Oh, look. A mutant! ... I think."

Texas Red

Whiner
Dont forget that Todd or Pete also said that there will be "feral ghouls", basically mindless undead that attack you on sight. I can imagine the dungeons already...

bezimek

Scholar
So Super Mutants can use small guns, now. It is going better and better.

mini nuclear explosions by shooting cars

"mini" can nuke explosion be mini ? It should kill 2 mutants, guy from BoS and player of course and level down 20 - 30 buildings . :twisted:

A user named cat

If everything in life was that greenishly grey, it would make me want to shoot shit too.

Nael

Arcane
DraQ said:
Nael said:
DraQ said:
The only game where mini nukes were cool was MDK.

You've never played MP Crysis then I take it?
Neither have I played SP Crysis.

I'll tell ya there's nothing like striding up to an enemy base with a nuke capable grenade launcher and seeing everyone trying to evacuate before you blow em all to kingdom come. The blast is really visually impressive and if you have good speakers you'll damn near feel the shockwave in your chest.

Realistic? Fuck no. Entertaining? Fuck yes.

bezimek

Scholar
Starship Troopers (two games : first- tactical, second -fps) have nuke rocket launchers , too . They are deadly :twisted:

gc051360

Scholar
Phantasmal said:
If everything in life was that greenishly grey, it would make me want to shoot shit too.
Thank you!!!

They do it in movies sometimes too. I have no idea what the point is.

And yeah....the power armor looks ridiculous. Helmet looks nice. The rest is crap.

Nael

Arcane
DraQ said:
Shadow Warrior, an old, buid engine based FPS had nuke-capable rocket launcher. It was cool in that, if there was a direct line of sight between you and the point of impact you generally died.

That's the one thing that irks me about the nukes in Crysis. The blast radius is maybe a 100m at most. Like I said totally unrealistic but it works for multiplayer.

SmokedWolf

Scholar
Of course they look and orcs and one has medieval armour.

They've got a shit load of art work already from their previous games, why make more?

Lemunde

Scholar
If the one on the right had hair he'd look just like the incredible hulk. HULK HATE LASER BEAM!! HULK SMASH!!

Section8

Cipher
So Super Mutants can use small guns, now. It is going better and better.

Duh, that's so when you get dipped halfway through the evil path you get to keep all of your skills.

Also, I have to say that laser beam looks retarded, not because it's a beam, but because it's not straight. It looks like it's been autoaimed to hit the chest of the hobgoblin.

And while we're at it, anyone else get the feeling that all of these supposedly interesting and quirky weapons all function in exactly the same way - dealing hitpoint damage? If you're going to have a laser beam like that, it would be much better for it to be a cutting device that works in short bursts and severs limbs, reflects off metal and so forth, instead of being functionally identical to a rifle with a different damage type flagged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom