Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info The Witcher 1.2 patch and demo dates

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

A Polish site called <A HREF="http://witcher.phx.pl/">The Witcher's Biggest Unofficial Site</A> has <A HREF="http://witcher.phx.pl/cutenews/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1195990931&archive=&template=">spoken</A> with folks from CD Projekt Red during the Pozna&#324; Game Arena show (no English webpage, so no link) about <A HREF="http://www.thewitcher.com">The Witcher</A>. Summary:
<br>
<ul>
<br>
<li>The 1.2 patch should be released somewhere around December the 7th
<br>
<li>The demo should appear somewhere around December the 13th
<br>
<li>The editor (called "Djinni") should be relased "somewhere around those dates"
<br>
<li>The series will be continued, but it's not decided whether what comes next will be an expansion or a sequel.
<br>
</ul>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <strong>Mayday</strong>!

cardtrick

Arbiter
Thanks, both of you!

Fantastic news about continuing the series. I had worried that the less than enthusiastic response in the gaming press might mean this was a one-off.

Any word on what the 1.2 patch will include? I've missed a few weeks here, so there may have been some earlier posts. Apologies if so.

Deleted member 7219

I'm hoping for a sequel on the same engine.

And yes a fix list for the patch would be nice. I personally didn't come across any bugs, so I wonder what there is to fix.

The Internets

Scholar
I've heard the update will improve loading and save times, as well as include more nudity.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The thing is the Auto saving is taking a LOOOOOOOOOT of time or something and they are making it faster and making it optional.

Any way i can't wait to see what you can do with Djinn.

Nael

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
I'm hoping for a sequel on the same engiine.

Me too. At the very least bring back the womderful combat system. I merely liked the combat the first time thru on medium difficulty, but I have to say I've fallen in love with it playing on hard. Without the cursor cue it just feels more natural and pulling off a full chain is so much more rewarding.

I dunno if I can go through the game again down a different path. I ended up neutral which seems to have been the canon finish for Geralt. It was purely by virtue of my own play style, outlook on real life, and the fact that I read 0 spoilers except for the locations of a few meteorites/runes. Hell I enjoyed the game so much I don't mind a whole bunch if I take nearly the same path. The added challenge of Hard difficulty should hopefully be entertaining enough.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
Matt7895 said:
I ended up neutral which seems to have been the canon finish for Geralt.

I thought the game was set after the events of the series, the story not based on any one of Sapkowskis novels but written by CDprojekt (hence all the references to the past and the amnesia). If that's not the case is it based on the series or a short story? I must say CDprojekt has done a damm good job then with C&C, given many plot points can end differently and go off in non-canon directions.

Ausir

Arcane
The game is set 5 years after the books. However, the neutral ending will probably be assumed to be canon in future games.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
demodemodemo, fuck yeah

Now I finally get to see what everyone is talking about. Although I'm aware the demo will not necessarily be indicative of the other 59.5 hours (or whatever the latest obscene count is) in the rest of the game; I'd still like to see it in action.

Then I can import a non-pussified version from GoGamer, yar!

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
I just hope they tighten up the scripting a bit... or loosen it should I say in the add-on or sequel. I love the game so far and I am nearing the end. Not the neutral one I assume since I chose sides early on.

Anyway I wish the jarring scripted events that lead into and out of cut scenes would have been done a bit more smoothly. Not to mention the enemy is allowed to move and surround you during those cut scenes which you are forced to either listen to as you're being surrounded or click through quickly so that you can get into the fight. Plus they almost always have Geralt scripted to sheath his sword which is baffling when he is nearing a fight.

I think those things irritated me more than the long loads. I found out early on if your only keeping a dozen or so saves the load and saves are much quicker for some strange reason. But if you have hundreds of saves it can take a minute or so to load up and save.

Needless to say the game is not perfect. But I will be playing it through again as an evil bastard just to see more of the varying branches. One of my favorite games of all time even with the warts.

edit: Adult Oriented for the Win!

bezimek

Scholar
The Internets said:
I've heard the update will improve loading and save times, as well as include more nudity.

Improve loading and save times yes , nudity - no

As i read on CDP page CDP RED plans add to patch :

- improve stability of the game
- improve ram useage/ performerce
- fix typos in dialogues (i think polish version only but I am not sure (http://www.gram.pl/news_9QriHu6_Wiedzmi ... inkow.html)
- fix some of dialogues ( I think polish version only but I am not sure
http://www.gram.pl/news_9QriHu6_Wiedzmi ... inkow.html)
- improve some quest to make them more logic
and many other things

Mayday

Augur
Guys- while in the supermarket, I saw a screen displaying the history of the world of the Witcher using a very cool animatic in high quality.

Does anybody know where I can find it?

Tails

Arbiter
* The demo should appear somewhere around December the 13th
Well it should be before full game but what the heck, better later then...

* The series will be continued, but it's not decided whether what comes next will be an expansion or a sequel.
Would be nice expansion, increasing game about half more.

[EDIT]
They could do Linux version...

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Mayday said:
Guys- while in the supermarket, I saw a screen displaying the history of the world of the Witcher using a very cool animatic in high quality.

Does anybody know where I can find it?
On the official website. Video -> world of the witcher.
direct link

A user named cat

According to their forums, on top of the issues already stated here, they're working on improving sword sheating during fights and some inventory stuff as well. Not sure exactly what is meant regarding those but any improvement on the inventory would be nice, hopefully more distinguishable items somehow.

But on a sour note, a restart is going to be required for some of the changes to work properly which is a total bitch. Hopefully that's just for some of the minor things they're working on not including the autosave function.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Damn. I'm not restarting now. I hope some of the features just won't work and won't screw up the game if you don't restart.

Madman

Novice
As the admin of this website I have to tell you, that actually our news may not be right... PR manager on official forum said that official dates will be known soon. Well, these dates we've posted come from Main Producer, so we thought it is for sure. Now it looks like CDPR doesn't actually know what and when will happen.

Still I hope we were right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom