Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Lionheart half heartly endorsed by Gameplanet NZ

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

<a href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a> picks up an <A href="http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/mag.dyn/Reviews/2585.html">endorsing review</a> from the folks at <A href="http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/">Gameplanet NZ</a> who gave it <b>3/5</b> fists. They said it had a neat gameworld, but feels unfinished and rushed. They also said you should buy it anyway.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Overall we feel that Lionheart could have been a classic RPG game and rated highly, however the hurried ending leaves it very much in the mode of an unfinished symphony. Don't get us wrong, it is a game that is worth playing and one that will provide many happy hours of entertaiment for RPG fans - just be prepared to ponder on what might have been.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Any RPG fans out there think there are many happy hours here?
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>.

Voss

Erudite
Well, here, we've had many happy hours bashing the damn thing.

Does that count?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I was very happy when I talked EB guy into taking it back. :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I just like the whole, It's unfinished, you should pay $50 for it right now! theme in that review. It's not, You should wait for the price to come down, it's You should buy it.. If it feels unfinished and all to the reviewer, why the hell should I pay full price for it in his opinion?

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Voss said:
Well, here, we've had many happy hours bashing the damn thing.

Does that count?

Yes it certainly does .

And the best part ?

We did not pay $50 to do it .

Lets all say hooray for Skorpios . Without him defending Lionheart we could not have so many happy fun hours bashing it .
We would just agree that it sucks and then the fun would end prematurely.

Voss

Erudite
What ever happened to old skorp?
The mental image that I have is that he finally snapped,
became a street preacher and is now haranguing people
in the streets of Australian cities about the evils of calling people morons.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
No way! I am sure that ol' Skorpy would find something to like and then argue that we should support them and they will do better next time. :roll:

Skorpios, we summon thee, the developers once again need your help, come forth and smite those who think that Reflexive turned out to be a bunch of morons who completely fucked a very promising setting for no good reason.

Ausir

Arcane
I don't have to pay for it - hell, I'll even get money for it! I'll have some happy hours when i get the money ;).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom