Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lionheart trailer released, a new one!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

There's a new <a href="http://ftp.interplay.com/pub/movies/lionheart_trailer.mpg">trailer</a> for <a href="Http://www.reflexive.net">Reflexive</a>'s upcoming SPECIAL, real time actiony CRPG, <A href="Http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a>. It's around <b>10MB</b>, and shows off some combat, lots of critters, and spell effects.
<br>
<br>
Not much else to really say about it.
<br>
<br>

Rayt

Liturgist
It looks hectic.

Anyway, I hope they'll release a trailer that's at least double in viewing size, because it's really hard to see something in this one.

protobob

Liturgist
I'd say I'm gonna pass on this game, but probably at some point I will get bored and then break down and buy it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
You know, I would risk buying this game on the basis of SPECIAL and it has a possibility of beinga god role-playing game; but its combat is an extreme turnoff. :cry:

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I'll definitely be passing on this one. Felt too much like Diablo, didn't like the interface and the graphics were uninteresting. Maybe I'll reinstall arcanum and give it another run instead.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well, to someone on 56k who wasn't interested in dl'ing the 150 mb demo, what the trailer showed me looked quite good. I liked the voice-over guy, as he wasn't generic "fantasy woman" or "fantasy man". What they said of the world sounded interesting, and some of the monsters in those battles looked quite nice (well, for a small screen).

It's a pity I didn't really see any dialogue, other than what appears to Lionheart's version of the PIPBoy text screen? But the whole feel of it was quite nice. Although all along, I have thought that the game-world sounded quite interesting. It's just a pity Reflexive have leant more towards the combat side of things, and seemingly managed to fuck the system up completely.

I have to say I'm actually intrigued to download the demo now. Which I think I might do, in the event that these good impressions make me buy the game when I see it on the shelf and thus make me regret my decision later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom