Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview More Fallout 3 info - Critical Hits Q&A

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

One last Fallout 3 news item. <a href=http://www.critical-hits.com>Critical Hits</a> has posted a <a href=http://www.critical-hits.com/?p=890>Fallout Q&A</a> transcript, revealing some new and exciting stuff. The best parts are:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>...most radiation from things like blown up cars (nuclear engines) and the mini-nuke weapon will dissipate given a little time.
<br>
<br>
...your choices of dialogue can open up more quests, more options for places to go and things to do in the game. Emil really seemed to stress a high level of detail written into the game as far as Dialogue and Quest interaction. (I really want to believe that - VD)
<br>
<br>
...there were many loading screens which displayed random stats from your time in the game, one of which popped up said, “Corpses Eaten: 0” Someone asked about this and Todd Howard seemed kind of surprised that it had gotten in to the demo, simply saying it is a “perk thing”.
<br>
<br>
The main quest centers around your dad mysteriously disappearing from the Vault one day, and your quest to find him and find out why he left and where he is/has gone.
<br>
(You could see that <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=18598>a mile away</a> - VD)
<br>
<br>
Yes there will be fast travel...
<br>
<br>
...melee will be playing a large part...
<br>
<br>
...they are putting as few unkillables [NPCs] as they possibly can. (Unkillable NPCs are in? Yay! - VD)
<br>
<br>
The main quest they estimated at about 20 hours of gameplay, with about 20 hours more of possible miscellaneous quests and side stories.</blockquote>I saved the best for last:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Q: Are they doing a lot of things to make Fallout mainstream?
<br>
A: They’re “just doing what is cool”</blockquote>Bethesda's trademark.

sheek

Arbiter
Do you think the 'mini-nuclear explosions' thing comes from Todd like the obsession with Bloody Mess does?

Would be interesting to know

Jedi_Learner said:
Q: Will there be a demo or beta?

A: No demo or beta...

What is it with Bethesda, or companies for that matter that refuse to release demos? Lazyness? Or are they afraid of something?

The fact that most times a shitty game with no depth releases a demo it utterly fails. And seeing as most companies sell shitty games on hype alone, they wouldn't want to make a demo and kill their sales.

aries202

Erudite
- eh --

this seems indeed promising...

I still have objections to the main questline...

It sound like something taken straight from Baldur's Gate...and added a crossbreed with the plot in Star Wars...

I mean, from the preview it sound like your character by himself is starting the search for his daddy. If he (or she) were to be kicked out by the Overseer, then I maybe could understand it better...

At a preview (sorry, I don't remember which site right now, as I've gotten information overload ;) )
on some webiste, they explained how Todd shot the a supermutant and his eye socket flew out, the supermutants ;) not Todd's ;) I think this is a trait of the bloody mess perK?

If you read the best of the previews, IGN's, you will see that apparently you will have several dialog linies to say. And based on your speech skill, you can see the linie most likely to succeed. It also says something about that if you really f---k up royally choosing lines, you may not be able to salvage the quest afterall....

But then, again, I would really like to see this in action for myself, though...

I seriously want to get my handson that person, whomwever he or she is, that did come up with the main quest, though... and NUKE him (or her)...

Just like I can nuke the town...and that's just not right....

Lumpy

Arcane
No surprise nobody notices how retarded the whole concept of Megaton is. Who the fuck builds a town around a bomb and worships it? This is Fallout 2 type crap.

Lumpy said:
No surprise nobody notices how retarded the whole concept of Megaton is. Who the fuck builds a town around a bomb and worships it? This is Fallout 2 type crap.

I guess the same type of people who become incredibly stupid tribals in the span of about a generation or two would be somewhat possible due to inbreeding and all that jazz. But building a town around a nuke and worshipping it is dumb as can be. Practical people survive in the wstelands, not idiots like that.

spacemoose

Erudite
Edward_R_Murrow said:
I guess the same type of people who become incredibly stupid tribals in the span of about a generation or two would be somewhat possible due to inbreeding and all that jazz. But building a town around a nuke and worshipping it is dumb as can be. Practical people survive in the wstelands, not idiots like that.

what about the church of the holy flame in... FALLOUT DA ORIGINAL

Deleted member 7219

20 hours of gameplay plus 20 hours of side quests... 40 hours...

Their games just keep getting shorter.

I think they are aiming for the magic Half-Life 2 10-15 hour mark.

spacemoose

Erudite
I'd rather have 20 hours of quality than 80 hours of shit

now I'm not saying they will deliver quality, but criticizing game length is silly

Spacemoose said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:

Well...the Children were giving out medical aid and promised the unity of all being super-mutants. A bomb just.....sits there.

psycojester

Arbiter

Your population of morons chances of survival increase exponentially when you guard them with an army of super mutants. And i don't think having a bomb at the bottom of a vault, behind said army of super mutants is the same as having the bloody thing on display in town square.

Not a
icon_salut.gif
in memory of what once was?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom