Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Fargo wants Wasteland back?

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

Brian Fargo, former founder and head of Interplay, who has now founded a company "InXile" (In Exile), and recently acquired the Bard's Tale license, now wants to get another Interplay classic. Here's a snip from US patent office:
<br>
<ul>Serial Number: 78262017
<br>
<br>
Mark (words only): WASTELAND
<br>
<br>
Current Status: Newly filed application, not yet assigned to an examining attorney.
<br>
<br>
Date of Status: 2003-07-07
<br>
<br>
Filing Date: 2003-06-13
<br>
<br>
CURRENT APPLICANT(S)/OWNER(S)
<br>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<br>
1. inXile Entertainment, Inc.
<br>
<br>
Address:
<br>
inXile Entertainment, Inc.
<br>
2727 Newport Blvd., Suite 100
<br>
Newport Beach,, CA 92663
<br>
United States
<br>
State or Country of Incorporation: Delaware
<br>
Legal Entity Type: Corporation
<br>
Phone Number: 949-675-3690
<br>
Fax Number: 949-675-3654</ul>
<br>
Good luck with giving us Wasteland back! And remember, Turn Based is the key ;).
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a target=_blank href=http://www.duckandcover.net>Duck and Cover</a>.

Ultron

Liturgist
One of my first RPGs (that had RPG weapons, ironically)....I played it on my college roommates Apple 2e...I'd love to see a new version. I don't know much about Fargo...I'd be more comfortable with Troika doing it. Will inXile have a Fat Cam? :shock:

Ausir

Arcane
Well, Fargo was on the original design team. The Troika people were not.

Sabotai

Liturgist
I'm a bit confused. How exactly does this work? If I understand correctly, InXile has filed an application with the patent office to get the name Wasteland back. To me it seems this is not a regular buy of the name Wasteland. I was under the impression that EA owned the Wasteland rights. Is the application with the patent office needed to buy the name and setting "Wasteland" back from EA, or is this a different procedure in which IneXile tries to acquire the Wasteland rights against EA's wishes?

Also CURRENT APPLICANT(S)/OWNER(S) on the form is very confusing. How can you be both applicant and owner. Or is the information shown in this thread incomplete?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom