Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda answers questions and calms fears

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

<a href=http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2007/06/17/no-devs-allowed-to-speak/>Well, actually:</a>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Ashley Cheng, a Bethesda producer:
<br>
<br>
Sorry, but no one [no Bethesda developer] should be commenting on the article or any specifics about the game. Don’t worry - by the time the game comes out, you’ll have all the information you need to decide if you want to play it or not;)</blockquote>
<br>
I completely agree. The world as we know it will end if developers start answering questions about games. If you want to know something about the game, read uncle Pete's propaganda leaflets or better yet, buy the game and see for yourself. Don't be shy and preorder the game right now!
<br>
<br>

Amasius

Augur
Ashley Cheng said:
by the time the game comes out, you’ll have all the information you need to decide if you want to play it or not
Well, I think I already have enough information...

Araanor

Liturgist
Cute. I guess we'll have the enjoyment of getting all information through the moron-filter articles in slobbering gaming rags and sites. That and press releases. Petey wants an iron grip on the information.

We have many exciting episodes of this saga ahead of us.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Shagnak said:
Is this really worthy of a news post? :?
No idea. You decide.

It does show the official reaction (lockdown) and tells you something about the game. In other words, if Bethesda had something to show to deal with a lot of negativity, they would have.

Black

Arcane
Well, I gues I'll have to buy it to judge it, sounds reasonable...

What the FUCK!

Punck_D

Novice
I wonder if the style of his reaction, which makes Mr Cheng indeed look like a stupid, is motivated by anger. No, seriously. This would proof Bethesda folks are just reasonable beings!!1 This is just amazing!

And yeah, Beth did let his customers taste the salty ejaculation of their works in the past by releasing rich demos, so we will also be able in this case to open our mouths for a free shot.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ashley Cheng said:
by the time the game comes out, you’ll have all the information you need to decide if you want to play it or not
Translation: Give us your money and then FUCK YOU!

Thrym

Novice
You all try really hard, it's good to see such enthusiasm when it comes to something as important as lapping up the milk spilled by every possible being connected to bethesda.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
You know, I think Fallout 3 is going to be one of those games were piracy would be completely morally acceptable for demo purposes.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Wowee. I kinda expected something like this, but not so soon, and at the same time, I would think that they would want to at least clear up some confusion about the combat system.

Wow....I've heard of information lockdown....but damn, this is ridiculous. Heck, even Bioware have answered a few questions from a "Jack_Bauer_In_Space" about Mass Effect.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Learning from Bush:

We have strict principles against answering questions about our games before, during or after ongoing development.

sheek

Arbiter
Ashley Cheng:
06-1452-026.jpg

link

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom