Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Bethesda inflate the Fallout 3 bubble

Section8

Cipher
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

Prepare thyselves, for Bethesda have finally done the unthinkable and... <gasp> ...released some teaser art that actually looks Fallout related. We're not quite sure how it happened, but our people are looking into it. Quickly friends! Run and <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html">see for yourselves</a>, while you still can! It's only 13 days before "war finally changes" and they rectify this horrendous error of judgement.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>No Predators were harmed in the making of this teaser art. Actually... there was one. But it wasn't a real Predator. Just some big guy in a suit. If you're a college basketball coach in and around the Maryland area, and you know, your star player doesn't show up to training? Trust me, that has nothing to do with us.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>

Quigs

Magister
Now all I gotta do is wait for someone smarter to come along and tell everyone why the picture is nothing like fallout, because fallout had a ball gag.

MisterStone

Arcane
Looks pretty neato to me. Like the dead supermutant (?) stretched out on the ground in front of those group photo (?) guys?

sqeecoo

Arcane
I can already see elements of incredibly humorous humor that is a vital part of Fallout. Along with the bloody mess trait.

Grafo

Augur
I hope that's an indicator of the atmosphere of the game. At this point the only thing I'm hoping for is a post-apocalyptic shooter with decent gun physics and a plot that doesn't result in dead brain cells on account of stupidity.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks good. Looks really good. Like, the only fallouty artwork Bethesda made up to now. I hope most of the game got a similar style to this, as it looks good, and truly post-apoc in a fallouty and also wastelandy way.

There is too much garbage in the pic, one simple man like me, doesnt know where to look at.

Ugh. Spotted a smiling bitch in the picture. :?

Texas Red

Whiner
SimpleComplexity said:
There is too much garbage in the pic, one simple man like me, doesnt know where to look at.

Ugh. Spotted a smiling bitch in the picture. :?

Ever read Do androids dream of electric sheep? Its called kipple. Its everywhere and it multiplies.

Mayday

Augur
You're a bunch of retards hyping over a stupid picture.

God, this place feels like ESF.

Amasius

Augur
Hm, I'm don't really know what to think about the pic. It seems that Beth finally listend to the responses to the first pieces of teaser art and changed the style. They got some things right but it feels rushed. But meh, it's just <s>concept art</s> part of the hype.

Mayday

Augur
There's 50% chance all those pics were made before and they're just releasing them in intervals.

Besides, I don't think you know how concept art works. It's like: Beth approaches Craig and says: "Craig, paint us some CA for a post-apocalyptic game, will ya?" and he's like "Sure, whatever" so he goes and paints those.

Why the hell do you believe this will have such an impact on the spirit of the finished game? Clearly, you overestimate the value of one concept artist.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Mayday said:
There's 50% chance all those pics were made before and they're just releasing them in intervals.

MSFD: Mullins made these pictures for us before Oblivion shipped.

That said, look at these notes on the images for amusement and quality sake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom