Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview ToEE previewed at IGN PC

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

<a href="http://pc.ign.com">IGN PC</a> have written up a <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/429/429307p1.html?fromint=1">preview</a> of <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika's</a> upcoming CRPG, <a href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Greyhawk: The Temple of Elemental Evil</a>. The article contains lots of interesting information on the interface and how it helps you plan your actions all tactical-wise.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The progression of the story will be non-linear, as all of you are sure to like. And as a non-linear story would suggest, multiple endings await based on how they've interacted with the world as well as what alignment the party is. The world itself is very reactive, as we saw in Arcanum, meaning that how you act will affect how NPCs will act to you. Some of this depends on abilities and attributes and some depends on options you choose for dialogue. Of course, some dialogue options won't be available to characters without certain attributes. For example, a nasty ogre guarding a dungeon will kick the crap out of you unless you're wearing a cloak of a certain type, but even then, you'll have to have a character with diplomacy skills in order to weasel your way past him without a really nasty fight. As you would have expected, there are a lot of different ways to get past each situation depending on the makeup of your party.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
That's why we love you, Mr. Cain.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>Lemon</b> for the heads-up!
<br>

Lemon

Arcane
thanks for the byline :D

I got the sense he was reiterating the PR lines that Troika gave in their presentation. Still good stuff in there, the focus on the practical functions of combat was nice. A late October early November release date though... I'll survive I suppose

Jarinor

Liturgist
It's coming out late October, early November hey? Hmm, that's just in time to screw up my exam revision...sweeeeeeeet :). I reckon Lionheart will tide me over until Greyhawk, but I have nothing to get to when Lionheart comes out except Frozen Throne. Oh well.

Spazmo

Erudite
Actually, Jarinor, it's not Greyhawk anymore. The publishers have decided to call it "D&D: The Temple of Elemental Evil" because they (rightly) figure D&D has more name recognition than Greyhawk.

Jed

Cipher
Spazmo said:
Actually, Jarinor, it's not Greyhawk anymore. The publishers have decided to call it "D&D: The Temple of Elemental Evil" because they (rightly) figure D&D has more name recognition than Greyhawk.
Good. I always thought that Greyhawk was kind of a stupid naming of the game. I realize Planescape: Torment pulled it off okay, but imagine if all these other games were officially called by the "setting: name of the game" convention: Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate, Tamriel: Morrowind, Earth: Fallout, etc.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, having the rule system isn't much better. D&D: Baldur's Gate, Morrowind system: Morrowind or SPECIAL: Fallout. Just let the game sell on its own merits. And hell, it's not like it'll be a great big SEKRAT that ToEE uses D&D rules anyways. There's just no need to slap it in the title.

Jed

Cipher
Spazmo said:
Well, having the rule system isn't much better. D&D: Baldur's Gate, Morrowind system: Morrowind or SPECIAL: Fallout. Just let the game sell on its own merits. And hell, it's not like it'll be a great big SEKRAT that ToEE uses D&D rules anyways. There's just no need to slap it in the title.
No disagreement there, buddy.

Voss

Erudite
Oh, come on the movie was fine.
The lack of decent meat-puppets, plot and coherence is irrelevant next to the fact that it had DRAGONS!
Lots and lots of big CGI dragons. All completely helpless against the might of the puny humans and their oddly shaped painted sticks.
:roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Embarrased? That movie is probably the only evidence that can be used as proof that D&D is the work of the Devil. :twisted:

Astromarine

Erudite
GOD, how I hated that movie...

Did anyone notice the plot of the thing? Basically, the whole fucking quest was not only pointless, it was what gave the mage power in the first place. GAAH

Spazmo

Erudite
I was going to go see that with my gaming group. However, due to an annoying game of phone tag and other obstacles, I was unable to go see it.

I thought this was a bad thing at the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom