Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Neverwinter Nights 2 1.06 Beta patch available

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment

There's a new beta patch available for <a href=http://www.atari.com/nwn2/>Neverwinter Nights 2</a>, bumping it to version 1.06. You can consult patch notes in <a href=http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=563372&forum=109&sp=30>this thread</a> at the official forums, along with links for the patch itself and the rollback. Here's a short list of fixes:<blockquote>General
<br>
<br>
--“Greater Weapon Specialization (Light Hammer)” will no longer show up as “Greater Weapon Specialization (Flail)”
<br>
--The Dedicated Server will now load modules from directories as well as from .mod files. To load a module directory from the command line, use the following parameter: -moduledir <module name>
<br>
--<i>Specular Lighting has been improved. Shiny objects should now look better than before.</i>
<br>
--Trees and Objects that fade no longer lose their directional light shadow when faded out.
<br>
<br>
Scripting
<br>
<br>
--ActionRest() will now properly utilize the bIgnoreNoRestFlag parameter.
<br>
--EffectHeal() can now restore the HP of doors and placeables.
<br>
--SetTrapActive() now works on Doors and Placeables as well as triggers.
<br>
--SetOrientOnDialog() now functions properly.
<br>
--ExportAllCharacters() and ExportSingleCharacters() will write to the server vault.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Effects/Spells/Domains
<br>
<br>
--Bestow Curse now reduces all of the target’s ability scores by 3 rather than 2.
<br>
--Energy Drain no longer allows a saving throw.
<br>
--The War Domain has been renamed to the Fury Domain, to allow future implementation of a more D&D-accurate War Domain.</blockquote>Shine on, you buggy game you.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/">NWN2 forums</A>

Shoelip

Arbiter
Haha, I love how you've italicized the one line about graphics to make it seem like that was the focus of the patch. Classic!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
And the Polish version is still at 1.04 so no international MP for us. Shows how they care about their customers.

Not that I found any great servers, but still.

Shoelip

Arbiter
I think NWN2 was a waste of my money, oh well, I'll try it again once I upgrade my computer. Oblivion too! At least then I can use it as a pretty-scene-walk-around-in-simulator.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Elwro said:
And the Polish version is still at 1.04 so no international MP for us. Shows how they care about their customers.

Not that I found any great servers, but still.

Rob McGinnis - Obsidian Entertainment said:
The polish patches have to go through a different process, by contractual agreement - that we must abide by. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Apparently Polish patches are not a big concern for Atari.

Elwro

Arcane
To be fair, they should've put this on the box. "You have to pay just like the Western guys, but you're too insignificant to get a patch, sorry."

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"And the Polish version is still at 1.04 so no international MP for us. Shows how they care about their customers."

they care about their customers. just not the Polish ones. Afterall, they probably have, maybe, 100 Polish people who bought the game. HAHAHA!

Insignificant country that it is.

R00fles!

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Elwro said:
To be fair, they should've put this on the box. "You have to pay just like the Western guys, but you're too insignificant to get a patch, sorry."

Why not just get the English version, since you speak it?

Elwro

Arcane
Volourn said:
they care about their customers. just not the Polish ones. Afterall, they probably have, maybe, 100 Poloish people who bought the game. HAHAHA!
Hm. Last hard info about any game's sales in Poland I have is about HoMM V, which sold more than 58000 copies. NWN2 was also a hit, at least if you look at Polish fora etc, no hard data available yet.

But why do I even try? More importantly, WHY DO YOU LIE? R00fles!.

Period.

@Jim: it's not so easy. Shipping costs are really big, and some shops (including Amazon) won't ship games to Poland. Not to mention the difference in price (in Poland the game costs about $45). Also, Polish editions of games are way better in terms of box contents than the Western ones.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Stop taking it so personally. The point is compared to where they get the majority of their customers, the Polish ones are very small in number and henceforth not as worthy. It's all about numbers; not about Polish society.

Poland can be a cool country; but when it c omes to money for major companies; it's a very insignificantl market place. Just a fact of life, DUDE.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
"--Specular Lighting has been improved. Shiny objects should now look better than before."

Why the fuck they didn't fix warlock class, druid companions or negative plane avatars?

Or maybe they did?

Texas Red

Whiner
bozia2012 said:
"--Specular Lighting has been improved. Shiny objects should now look better than before."

Why the fuck they didn't fix warlock class, druid companions or negative plane avatars?

Or maybe they did?

Dont ask me. I have been petitioning for an Extra Invocation feat(without which Warlocks just dont work) since the release. Countless threads and pages were asking for it and they still didnt manage to add it and repair the class.

AlanC9

Liturgist
The Walkin' Dude said:
Dont ask me. I have been petitioning for an Extra Invocation feat(without which Warlocks just dont work) since the release. Countless threads and pages were asking for it and they still didnt manage to add it and repair the class.

"Just don't work"? That sounds a bit dire. I found warlocks to be quite effective without it; I certainly never felt a need for more invocations.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Actually, if you read the 1.06 beta thread you'd see some pole already whined about not getting a polish beta, to which the dev replied that due to legal arrangements with the polish publisher that they couldn't do one. It also sounded very much like they DO/SHOULD get the patched, just not the betas or as quickly as everyone else.

Actually the game isn't all that buggy. The OC is just as fucking dull as NWN1's, has a half baked influence "feature", and the graphics aren't much better than NWN1's either. Really the biggest difference is the sort of move away from being tile based...

(My party is stalled again right before where I get the keep, I think. It got to be that I had to take another break away from it, or just never finish it... Who the fuck said chapter 2 was so much better than chapter 1?! You need to have your head examined.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom