Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda tease us, tease us, tease us 'til we lose control

Section8

Cipher
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

That's right, Bethesda take it away for minute just to tease us, and then give it back a little bit deeper, courtesy of an <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/">official site update</a> that promises a teaser trailer in a bit over a month. Bethesda's Community Manager Matt "GStaff" Grandstaff has the down low:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>We’ve updated the Fallout site with a countdown to the release of the Fallout 3 teaser trailer. On the site you’ll find concept art we created in conjunction with noted concept artist Craig Mullins, as well as a streaming version of the Fallout 3 title track. We hope you like it.
<br>
<br>
We’ll be updating the site weekly with new art as we approach the release of the teaser.
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/">Fallout 3 Website</a></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
It's not acknowledged, but the steaming version of the Fallout 3 title track sounds suspiciously like Jeremy Soule's pompous pseudo-orchestral musical stylings. <i>Viva la revolucion!</i>
<br>
<br>

stargelman

Scholar
The pic is ok I suppose, nothing much that would piss any die-hard FO fan off. Then again it doesn't mean much at all.

The music... bleh.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
That music is so wrong. It sounds like they are going to slap a generic Jeremy Soule fantasy soundtrack onto it with a little bit darker sound and call that "post-apocalyptic".

Lumpy

Arcane
katzenjammer said:
Hellraiser said:
Hey at least it's not rap, although it does sound out of place.

Actually, I'd be rather impressed if they had the balls to make a hip-hop theme song.
Coz' Fallout 3 isn't fucked up enough already.

AZ

Liturgist
I can accept the style. I could even accept a post-apocalyptic sandbox game if it is well balanced, enough hard, whit special and turn-based. But it is just a dream.

Texas Red

Whiner
Ah cmon, guys. There is really nothing to bitch about regarding the picture and the music(which I like, but then again I enjoyed the one for Oblivion's trailer). Of course announcing a date for a *teaser* is just ridiculous and stinks of PR(read: lying and cheating) crap.

Hory

Erudite
The image isn't bad tho a bit too cloudy.
The epic music based on a saxophone scares me (as it seems suitable for a "hero of the wasteland, defeater of all that is evil" scenario"). It should be minimalist, mysterious, strange, raw. Not just because that's how it was in FO1/2, but that's what's appropiate for a wasteland.

Dolar

Novice
The art is nice, I mean it is concept art what more can you say?

The music, while not bad, just does not seem to fit. We will have to wait and see what info we get, as long as there is a nice intro song, music is not the most important factor for me really.

At least we know 34 days all of the polls and debates on various subjects come to an end:) Unless its all FMV, wouldn't that be a bitch?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Do any of you guys do this thing where you bat your cat around a bit while calling its name in a really high pitched voice over and over to get it all excited? That's what this type of PR stunt reminds me of, taking advantage of excitable retards.

Ryuken

Liturgist
The music really doesn't fit idd. It's a catchy tune for sure but nothing like the chilling feel you get when listening to the Fallout music of Mark Morgan.

Concept art looks good but says nothing about the game really.

Seboss

Liturgist
I thought I was on the teaser site of Spider Man 3 for some reason.

Deleted member 7219

As long as they have a fucking cool introductory song like 'Maybe' and 'Kiss to build a dream on', I don't care if they hire fucking Take That to do the in-game music.

stargelman

Scholar
Matt7895 said:
As long as they have a fucking cool introductory song like 'Maybe' and 'Kiss to build a dream on', I don't care if they hire fucking Take That to do the in-game music.
The "dumbfuck" trials are in the other thread! :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom