Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News NWN2: Revenge of the Sith expansion!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment

Apparently, EB World is accepting <a href=http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=647011>pre-orders</a> for a NWN2 expansion, creatively called Legacy of the Gith.
<br>
<br>
And there was much rejoicing.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPG Watch</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
An Obsidianite flatly states that this expansion is a hoax. I foresee possible emabrassment for him by the end of the month. L0LLERZ

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well, I for one will be looking forward to a /probably plancescape/ expansion to one of the best rpg's in recent years. You can all start throwing things and call me crazy, do I care? Probably not.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Whipporowill said:
Well, I for one will be looking forward to a /probably plancescape/ expansion to one of the best rpg's in recent years. You can all start throwing things and call me crazy, do I care? Probably not.

I totally agree. The outsider part was easily the best theme in NWN2. Although it could have been better than it turned out, I had some fun playing through it.

Yes, I know: Everybody thinks it was a slam dunk, but I for one bought all Star Wars DVDs, so what do I know...

Whipporowill

Erudite
Sir_Brennus said:
Although it could have been better than it turned out, I had some fun playing through it.

Agreed, far from a perfect game - but rather a rough game that shows some promise upon which an expansion pack can improve than a uncreative bowl of crap.

AlanC9

Liturgist
Aren't the PST characters in the same IP black hole as the BG characters?

Speaking of which, I'm not sure I take this rumor seriously. Didn't EB show BG3 (Jefferson incarnation?) as an upcoming title once upon a time?

Texas Red

Whiner
I am completely opposed to using some strange fantasy names in titles. It sounds, well, stupid.

Admiral jimbob said:
Will we have a review for the original game by the time this is released?

Yes, damn it. When will there be a review?!

Wulfgar

Scholar
Here's your review:

It sucks. Horribly. Spending the 40-50$ you were going to pay for NWN2 on cheap beer and a whore (or cheap whore and lotsa beer) will yield more entertainment and mental stimulation than playing this awfull game ever could. Stay the fuck away. If and when some worthwhile mods are released consider picking it up from the bargain bin.

Psilon

Erudite
Yeah, but just think of what would happen if they put psionics into NWN2's encounter system. Even a mid-level psion would have enough power points to utterly annihilate everything within 5 rounds by dialing all his powers up to 11. He'd be out of power points shortly thereafter, but a quick rest would bring him back to normal for the next fight.

This problem is endemic to NWN, and certainly sorcerers can be just as broken at times, but 3rd edition psionics rely much more heavily on encounter pacing. They're great fun in pen and paper, but between the new user interface screens required and the lack of any disincentive to blow all the good spells at the start of combat, it would be a nightmare.

Wulfgar said:
It sucks. Horribly. Spending the 40-50$ you were going to pay for NWN2 on cheap beer and a whore (or cheap whore and lotsa beer) will yield more entertainment and mental stimulation
When with a hooker, I don't think that mental stimulation is top priority.

sportforredneck said:
Wulfgar said:
It sucks. Horribly. Spending the 40-50$ you were going to pay for NWN2 on cheap beer and a whore (or cheap whore and lotsa beer) will yield more entertainment and mental stimulation

Intellectual Lusts?

Surgey

Scholar
Psilon said:
Yeah, but just think of what would happen if they put psionics into NWN2's encounter system. Even a mid-level psion would have enough power points to utterly annihilate everything within 5 rounds by dialing all his powers up to 11. He'd be out of power points shortly thereafter, but a quick rest would bring him back to normal for the next fight.

This problem is endemic to NWN, and certainly sorcerers can be just as broken at times, but 3rd edition psionics rely much more heavily on encounter pacing. They're great fun in pen and paper, but between the new user interface screens required and the lack of any disincentive to blow all the good spells at the start of combat, it would be a nightmare.

3.5 balanced them a bit more. They were horribly overpowered in 3.0, I know. Still, in a single player RPG, I don't see what's wrong with more options, even if they might be a little unbalanced.

Besides, Warlocks can get a +4 to Dexterity permanently. At first level.

Texas Red

Whiner
Wulfgar said:
Here's your review:

It sucks. Horribly. Spending the 40-50$ you were going to pay for NWN2 on cheap beer and a whore (or cheap whore and lotsa beer) will yield more entertainment and mental stimulation than playing this awfull game ever could. Stay the fuck away. If and when some worthwhile mods are released consider picking it up from the bargain bin.

This is a retarded point of view. It is the same as blindly giving Oblivion a 9.5/10. NWN 2 OC has some serious flaws but its far from being horrible. The moral choises in dialogs and the skill checks, for example, were simply great and delivered even more than I would have expected.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Whgat diplomacy? You meAN those dialogues where you use diplomacy but it doens't chANge the outcome at all? HAHAHAHA!!!

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
Whgat diplomacy? You meAN those dialogues where you use diplomacy but it doens't chANge the outcome at all? HAHAHAHA!!!

You can change the outcome, moron. What the hell are you talking about?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Admiral jimbob said:
sportforredneck said:
Wulfgar said:

Intellectual Lusts?

You can try to calculate the average velocity of your sperm when it will come out while the whore gives you a good blowjob. That will give both corporal and mental stimulation.

Oh, and you also have to think about which of her body parts you would slap your dick on next. This can be quite an intellectual challenge when both ass and tits are a desireable goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom