Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSlave reviews Jade Empire - 8.5

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: BioWare; Jade Empire

<a href=http://www.gameslave.co.uk>GameSlave</a> has kindly shared with us its <a href=http://www.gameslave.co.uk/content/jade-empire-special-edition-review/>opinion</a> on <a href=http://jade.bioware.com/>Jade Empire</a>, giving it 8.5 for "fabulous story-telling", charismatic environments, and satisfying combat".
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Some critics have pointed to the fact that Jade Empire can sometimes seem 'dumbed down', with a lack of detailed character customisation options, but for many gamers this is where the charm lies. Jade Empire is an easy-going, fun game - and the decision to incorporate heavy RPG elements would have detracted from its appeal considerably. </blockquote>It's scary to think how many great games (like Oblivion) would have been ruined by heavy RPG elements.
<br>
<br>

aries202

Erudite
As I understand it, Bioware has never hidden the fact that Jade Empire is an action rpg, and fun one at that.

I have played the first 10-15 minutes of Jade Empire:SE (for pc) and I like what I have played
so far.

Not all rpgs are supposd to be D&D stats heavy micromanagement games...

Drakron

Arcane
Problem is it goes downhill from the start ... well better would be saying it never goes anywhere since combat is always the same (barring the odd immunity enemy here and there).

Its not fun ... its tedious since all enemies follow the same rock-paper-scissor routine, things also get worst and when you get hit with "plot twist" you are asking yourself were have you see that before.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Don't listen to Drakron. He's simply wrong as he is 99% of the time.

The game isfun. the combat is fun. the role-playing si fun. the twist is fun. The graphics are fun. The music is fun. The dialogue is fun. The quests are fun. The choices are fun. The endings are fun. The atmosphere is fun.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Fez

Erudite
Hey, does anyone know if this game is fun?

Volourn said:
Don't listen to Drakron. He's simply wrong as he is 99% of the time.

The game isfun. the combat is fun. the role-playing si fun. the twist is fun. The graphics are fun. The music is fun. The dialogue is fun. The quests are fun. The choices are fun. The endings are fun. The atmosphere is fun.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Fun like fursuits.

M0RBUS

Augur
It seems to me that JE is just another consolized action RPG, but that's just me. It's better than some other RPG's, that's for sure, but it's not teh game, never.

I bought it thinking it was nice, played it for about 3 hours and sold it :P 10€ down the toilet...

Surgey

Scholar
Yeah. I thought JE was pretty enjoyable, as long as you don't expect it to be a stat-intensive roleplaying romp. It is an action RPG.

Levin

Novice
In China,I have to wait.Is this game actually as funny as all you said?I really wanna have a taste.
PS:I don't take many interests in ARPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom