Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Frontline: Fields of Thunder Contest

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Contest ]</strong>

<a href="http://www.paradoxplaza.com/" target="_blank">Paradox Interactive</a> and <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/" target="_blank">TCancer</a> are offering you the chance to win a free copy of <a href="http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=100&Itemid=191" target="_blank">Frontline: Fields of Thunder</a>, a brand new WWII RTS. Read on for all the action-packed details.<br/><br/><strong>Read: </strong><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=34">Frontline: Fields of Thunder Contest</a>

Grafo

Augur
Well I'd say the biggest blunder would be Einstein removing Hitler from our dimension which in turn left the Soviet Union's power unchecked and ultimately led to this:

On Sept. 8, 1998, Electronic Arts(TM)(NASDAQ:ERTS), the world's largest interactive entertainment software company, today announced it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Westwood Studios Inc.

The horror.

kris

Arcane
Since I already bribed the staff I will put in some answer. Its just that I can pretty much only come up with grand strategic mistakes. Especially if we talk about large mistakes, Germany on the eastern front, UK/France when Germany invaded France. Encirclement at Stalingrad comes to mind.

But I would say no mistake could top Japan attacking USA at a point where they where close of reaching all their strategic objectives. USA, a country they could more or less not defeat and a country which was not keen to declare war themselves. Its like me attacking Mike Tyson, somehow not really a good idea.

Amasius

Augur
Here is my contribution:

The worst military mistake of World War II can only be a decision which caused a nation to loose the war, an outcome that could be avoided otherwise. From the great powers of the Axis Japan lost the war in the Pacific first and foremost not due to specific wrong military decisions than as a result of a significant disadvantage in industrial infrastructure, scientific research and decryption compared to the United States.

Japans structural disadvantages were to big to win the war in the long run and Italy was to weak to fight successfully without german help at all. And it was this weakness which caused Hitler to make his biggest strategical mistake - the german intervention in the Balkans in April 1941. Mussolini had until than unsuccessfully tried to capture Greece, and Hitler decided to conquer Yugoslavia and Greece. This took the Reich six weeks - six weeks which delayed the German invasion of the Soviet Union critically. The onset of winter prevented the capture of Moscow and a possible early victory in the East as long as the Red Army was weak.

mister lamat

Scholar
my answer: cabbage.

the german over-reliance on saurkraut. being both time and labour intensive in production was their ultimate downfall. this is in contrast to the easy to produce and maintain in the field model, borscht, which the russians used.

onerobot

Scholar
I'm blaming the Jews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom