Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Oblivion headed to oblivion

suibhne

Erudite
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Speaking with <a href="http://www.oxm.co.uk/">Official XBox Magazine</a>, Pete Hines (whom the British drolly call <i>Peter</i>) <a href="http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/role_playing_games/no_more_expansion_for_oblivion...">dropped the bomb</a> on every Cyrodiilic furry role-player worldwide: "Shivering Isles is our last big thing: it’s our <b>first and last expansion for Oblivion</b>."
<br>
<br>
Can it really be true - or is this only an <i>apparent</i> victory, before the empire strikes back with a new wave of microtransactions?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.oxm.co.uk/">Official XBox Magazine</A>

Texas Red

Whiner
Why develop expansions when you can release a tiny and worthless addons monthly?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The Walkin' Dude said:
Why develop expansions when you can release a tiny and worthless addons monthly?

If I can do a couple days worth of work and get $5 out of it, I'm not going to do five months worth for $30.

suibhne

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

If I can do a couple days worth of work and get $5 out of it, I'm not going to do five months worth for $30.

Absolutely. And the great news is, developing all those little add-ons for microtransacted millions will simultaneously give you the kind of substantive development experience that helps you build your design teams and refine your company's game development skills!

...Oh, wait...

Jim Kata

Arbiter
suibhne said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

Absolutely. And the great news is, developing all those little add-ons for microtransacted millions will simultaneously give you the kind of substantive development experience that helps you build your design teams and refine your company's game development skills!

...Oh, wait...

The skills in ripping off consumers as efficiently as possible?

Joe Krow

Erudite
suibhne said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

...Oh, wait...

That would pass for reason in some circles... reign it in man! Let the lemmings have their horse armor. If I could get some sucker to buy that shit for three dollars a pop I would make it myself. Can't blame them for exploting th gulibility of thier chosen market... yet another reason for them to "ignore the core." (Which is the new corperate motto at Bethesda, by the way).

aries202

Erudite
Please listen to Mr. Hines..

He says clearly that SI is the last & only
expansion...

He says nothing about

add-ons.

In fact, in the same interview (or what is in another ??) he mentions that there might be
another add-on such as home for figthers or something like that.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
I'm surprised with the rating change for Oblivion that Bethesda didn't release a nudity add-on for $15 or $25 bucks. With sex selling, you know.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
According to those rules you can't even link to graphic scenes in Oblivion at the ESF. So an official nudity add-on wouldn't be out of the question.

Amasius

Augur
It's kinda bizarre that Oblivion is rated mature and the official forums are rated 13+ but I don't think that Bethesda will ever release a nudity add-on. That would damage their family-friendly image they value so high. Gore is fine but nudity... And imagine the outcry from the TES-modding community if they punish nudity mods and than release one themself.

Balor

Arcane
Yea, that stupid 'violence is fine, but sex is no-no!' again.
I hate you, all of you, mindless sheeps of Jesus Christ. :twisted:
Talking about 'Stranger in a strange land' again.

Gwendo

Augur
Now they can focus on Fallout 3. The best free roaming post nuclear role playing game!

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Joe Krow said:
suibhne said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

...Oh, wait...

That would pass for reason in some circles... reign it in man! Let the lemmings have their horse armor. If I could get some sucker to buy that shit for three dollars a pop I would make it myself. Can't blame them for exploting th gulibility of thier chosen market... yet another reason for them to "ignore the core." (Which is the new corperate motto at Bethesda, by the way).

Maybe the codex should make a $2 horse armor mod. It would sell a million copies.

Psilon

Erudite
It is, in fact, the Junkyard Escape map you were talking about. CliffyB confirmed it's a restrained nod to Goatse.

Fez

Erudite
It's missing the ring on his finger...sort of.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
The last and only expansion? This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. When you have legions of gullible morons lining up to pay $2 or $3 for add-ons that have about 100th the content of a full game, then why bother making a full game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom