Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda needs YOU to manage their community

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks

<a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/">Bethesda</a> is now hiring for <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/links/job_020807_commanager.html">a community manager</a>. Yeah, funny stuff. Here's the job info:
<br>
<blockquote><b>Responsibilities:</b>
<br>
<br>
* Actively manages all aspects of fan communities for all key titles, including The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Rogue Warrior, Star Trek, etc.
<br>
* Supports PR initiatives for all projects
<br>
* Administers and participates on official and fan forums related to all products
<br>
* Monitors and participates on external forums and sites and provides regular updates on fan interest, feedback, competitive information, etc.
<br>
* Assists in development/maintenance of regular updates for all official web sites and company newsletter, including creation of “Blog” program (eg, Major Nelson for Xbox.com: http://www.majornelson.com/), podcasts, chats, and other initiatives in conjunction with the overall PR plan for each product
<br>
* Fosters and maintains development of fan sites related to all products.
<br>
* Creates special programs and initiatives to drive traffic to official forums
<br>
<br>
<b>Qualifications:</b>
<br>
<br>
* 2+ years community management
<br>
* Familiarity with online communities/gaming; an avid gamer a plus
<br>
<br>
<b>Specific Skills Required:</b>
<br>
<br>
* Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
<br>
* Self starter with high level of initiative and attention to detail
<br>
* Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
<br>
* Excellent organizational skills
<br>
* Passionate, committed and high level of energy
<br>
* Strong sense of ownership and urgency
<br>
* Team player</blockquote>
<br>
I have some to add:
<br>
<ul><li> Must provide own nazi uniform and leather gimp suit.
<br>
<li> Must be able to find criticism of company licensed products and remove according links swiftly.
<br>
<li> Must be able to come up with better excuses for doing the above than <i>They have pop up ads on their site</i>.
<br>
<li> Must be able to look Todd Howard in the face without bursting out laughing. No, we mean this. You really need to be able to take that man seriously.
<br>
<li> Must be able to crack a whip, both in the forums and in the bedroom.
<br>
<li> Being able to cybersex 1000 different people in forum private messages a plus.</ul>
<br>
Now, who wants cake?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</A>

bat_boro

Arcane
Come_to_the_Dark_Side____by_Starpos.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Saint_Proverbius said:
Bethesda needs YOU to manage their community
... because they sure as hell don't know how to do it themselves.

Saint_Proverbius said:
Creates special programs and initiatives to drive traffic to official forums
So they go to the unofficial forums where they steal users and get them to join the official forums where Bethesda can control them?

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Really, I'm serious about the SA bit, they could do horrible, horribly, funny things to those jackasses.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
DemonKing said:
Wonder if Rosh is polishing up his CV....
Interviewer: Well, Mr. Rosh, your credentials are superb and your experiences in the... uh, "Online Stone Casting Business" as you call it, will probably be very beneficial to our company. All in all, I have a very good feeling about you.

Rosh: Your lack of reason is only matched by your appetite for cock... Sir.

Interviewer: :cry:

Rosh: Noob.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"That is so Volourns job right there"

Nah. I don't like Bethesda games. I like the Codex. I doubt they'd hire me.

taxacaria

Scholar
Volourn said:
"That is so Volourns job right there"

Nah. I don't like Bethesda games. I like the Codex. I doubt they'd hire me.

If you come with a new user for their hype forum (let's say s8) your chances will rise

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Anyone with a SA account should point this out to them, it would be awesome.

I mean, think, a 24 hour staff dedicated to making Beth look badly, and banning idiots.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They don't know my *real* name, so I could try to infiltrate them... and then... mwahaha, all their fans will flee after my work is done!

PS: If they sue me for that, who would defend me in front of court?

Ladonna

Arcane
You need two years experience.

Also need to have been sucking up during those years, reporting evil people, etc.

I thought there were a few around here who still had good reps over there that post here? Those Furry fellows (that dirty shit some of you go on about with dolphins and animal costumes) maybe?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
Really, I'm serious about the SA bit, they could do horrible, horribly, funny things to those jackasses.

Since when has the SA crowd not been hypontised by a pair of developer balls dangling in their faces?

JarlFrank said:
They don't know my *real* name, so I could try to infiltrate them... and then... mwahaha, all their fans will flee after my work is done!

I can shout a reeeeal mean "Objection!", is that enough?

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Saint_Proverbius said:
MINIGUNWIELDER said:

Since when has the SA crowd not been hypontised by a pair of developer balls dangling in their faces?

Daikatana, you godless heathen.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Admiral jimbob said:
JarlFrank said:

I can shout a reeeeal mean "Objection!", is that enough?

I guess so, everything would be enough for defending against Todd Howards silly accusations. I'd be surprised if the lawyer won't begin laugh at the sight of his face.

DemonKing

Arcane
Locue said:
Don't they need someone to massage their community as well? In that case I'll apply.

Huh? You want to touch 12 year old boys?

Sick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom