Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jade Empire gone gold

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: BioWare; Jade Empire

<a href=http://jade.bioware.com>Jade Empire</a> has finally gone gold and will be available in stores on Feb 27. If you preorder now, you'll get a rhino demon fighting style. Unbelievable, I know.
<br>
<br>
While Jade Empire is a typical Bioware RPG, it's much better than KOTOR, so some of you might be pleasantly surprised.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, MountainWest.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"While Jade Empire is a typical Bioware RPG, it's much better than KOTOR, so some of you might be pleasantly surprised."

Oh noes, you didn't.

btw, JE is an Action RPG ... just like Gothic 3. :D

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
POOPERSCOOPER said:
va8ult dweller has an xbox or is he talking out of his massive man buns?
I bought it for my daughter a year ago.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
No, but I'd rather have that than a "rhino demon fighting style". Shit, that's not even a coherent phrase, what the hell is it?

:edit:
I googled. Now I'm really disappointed.

callehe

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
<a>Jade Empire</a> has finally gone gold and will be available in stores on Feb 27. If you preorder now, you'll get a rhino demon fighting style. Unbelievable, I know.

While Jade Empire is a typical Bioware RPG, it's much better than KOTOR, so some of you might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks, MountainWest.

kotor wasn't bad, so guess this one is worth a shot.

Mantiis

Cipher
kingcomrade said:
Did you ever see that movie Crouching Negro Stolen Wallet?

Its similar in film style to White Redneck Closet Homo.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I liked Jade Empire. The characters were cool and the story was pretty ok. It is a lot like KOTOR in some ways, but I feel it is superior.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
With out posting spoilers, anyone want to give deeper reasons as to why JE>KotOR? Better pacing? Kung Fu cooler then Star Wars? Rumored Lesbian kiss scene?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Better role-playing, as good a story, superior characters, way better combat (fully real time though), more endings, better music, better voice overs, better writing, and the list goes on...

kris

Arcane
Volourn said:
1. Better role-playing,
2. as good a story,
3. superior characters,
4. way better combat (fully real time though),
5. better music
6. better voice overs,
7. better writing,
8. and the list goes on...

1. I agree
2. I would also say that
3. Overall maybe, I liked some in both.
4. I agree
5. don't remember.
6. I wouldn't say that, can't say they where better or worse.
7. I don't see a big difference here.
8. Atmosphere is good, apart from the trainline you walk on. Undoubtedly it is refreshing with a new setting, although I find they copied to many parts from real world China (Mongols! British guy with gun!)

damaged_drone

Novice
hilariously, the most obvious flaw was how totally they dropped the ball on the kung fu elements. those fucking chi shields were god awful.

Seboss

Liturgist
JE noticeably better than KOTOR ? Either I missed something really big in JE or you should go easier on the pot guys. Please enlighten me.

elander_

Arbiter
JE will sodomize your harddisk and force you to reinstall windows. DON'T PLAY IT.

kris

Arcane
Seboss said:
JE noticeably better than KOTOR ? Either I missed something really big in JE or you should go easier on the pot guys. Please enlighten me.

In quality I would say it is slightly better, but at the cost of being smaller.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
<a>Jade Empire</a> has finally gone gold and will be available in stores on Feb 27. If you preorder now, you'll get a rhino demon fighting style. Unbelievable, I know.

Thanks, MountainWest.

"typical Bio"? "better than KOTOR"?

Glad I preordered! :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Comparing JE to KOTOR is an embarassment to KOTOR. It's no contest. JE is the same type of game (duh, it's a BIO game); but much, much better in execution.

Durwyn

Prophet
Fuck you all made me apetite for JE. Actually i kinda liked KOTOR 1 , KOTOR 2 was shit, that i couldn't finish becouse it was boring as hell. Maybe i should think about preordering it... and i would have a Rhino demon fighting style.. yeah, this really helps to make decision.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Actually, the varying fighting styles cna be fun though one in the xbox version was way overpowered. Presumably they fixed that bit of unbalance for the PC version though... And, PC people ar ekinda lucky as Rhino Demons werne't in the xbox version at all as either enemies or fighting style.

L0LLIGAGS! :lol:

Major_Blackhart said:
Vault Dweller said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
va8ult dweller has an xbox or is he talking out of his massive man buns?
I bought it for my daughter a year ago.

Daughter.
Seriously, am I the only one who got some pretty heavy chills down my spine, reading this comment?

So simple, so effective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom