Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gameguru Mania digs Neverwinter Nights 2

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment

<a href=http://www.ggmania.com/>Gameguru Mania</a> has decided to review <a href=http://www.atari.com/nwn2/>Neverwinter Nights 2</a>, though it's more of a brief outlook. The reviewer awards it an <a href=http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5832><b>81%</b></a> which must mean it's awesome, just awesome.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
The party system has changed considerably from the original game. Instead of giving you full control of your main character and relegating the rest to the AI, you now have complete say as to what they do in every round of combat. Yeah, these companions can be directly controlled in combat and have their inventories manipulated by the player. Unfortunately, the game lacks any kind of global inventory management system, so every time you go to switch a character out of an active party, you need to spend a significant amount of time swapping around items to make sure everyone's ideally equipped.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Yes, who would have thought that party members have their own inventories?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPG Watch</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Only when an individual decides they should bash or praise a game they twist the score to their own meaning. :D

Durwyn

Prophet
I hate NWN 2 party system. Okay party interaction and dialogues are nice, but AI is dumb as hell. Can't play on hardcore rules, cos' my wizard keeps fucking my party with fireballs and such.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
It wasn't about who's 'better'; ididot. Besdies, being labeled a Dumbfuck is an honour bestowed upon great warriors that the Codex fears. Well.. except the cowardly Bryce who was wrongly Dumbfucked since he's just a plain cowardly idiot.

R00fles!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yes. the Codex fears him 'cause he had the 'gall' to 'steal' an existing Codexer's name and that whiner cried like a baby to the Powers of Be about how 'unfair' it was.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Texas Red

Whiner
Durwyn said:
I hate NWN 2 party system. Okay party interaction and dialogues are nice, but AI is dumb as hell. Can't play on hardcore rules, cos' my wizard keeps fucking my party with fireballs and such.

Well, what do you expect? Do you want the mages to cast the their spells according to the size of the area, distance between enemies, walls and companions, the number of targets, the strengh of the enemies etc.

In previous D&D games spellcasters didnt do crap if you dont manually control them. I dont know what people are expecting with the AI of NWN 2.

And yes, we were dumbfucked because others feared our growing power and influence.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"In previous D&D games spellcasters didnt do crap if you dont manually control them."

Bullshit.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Durwyn said:

Or, you can tweak their AI to not cast spells unless you give the command. Thats the best way of handeling NPC spellcasting, really.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Use Even's A.I. It's in the NWN Vault. Another mod fix to teh rescue.

Texas Red

Whiner
OccupatedVoid said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
In previous D&D games spellcasters didnt do crap if you dont manually control them.
:?: :?: :?:

What are you smoking? NWN had NPCs cast spells...

Im talking about companions in IE games. And in NWN they were retarded as well.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Im talking about companions in IE games. And in NWN they were retarded as well."

You are still an idiot. IE games, and NWN companions cast spells to with the AI. And, usually, (but not always) more intelligent than NWN2 NPC AI. In fact, NWN2 AI uses the same AI of NWN1... yet NWN1 does it better overall. Mr. Sawyer made a good point on the Obsidian baords why it *seems* NWN2 AI is worse than NWN1 AI even though the AI is actually the same script wise.

R00fles!

Durwyn

Prophet
Volourn said:
It wasn't about who's 'better'; ididot. Besdies, being labeled a Dumbfuck is an honour bestowed upon great warriors that the Codex fears. Well.. except the cowardly Bryce who was wrongly Dumbfucked since he's just a plain cowardly idiot.

R00fles!

It' was an provocation, got it? I bow to honorable dumbfuck society members. Hail! (no offence at all)

R00fles!

I thought tha mages in NWN2 would use only one target spells, no area spells if party member is in area of spell. Battles in Infinty engine games was slower and party was easier to handle. Battles in NWN 2 are chaotic, using pause is good for shit, becouse fights ends to fast. Unchallenging and no fun at all. I'm playing NWN2 becouse story got me somehow. Skipping battles as fast as i can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom