Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Vanilla NWN beta patch 1.3 released

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights

The <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_beta.html">1.3 beta patch</a> for <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com">Neverwinter Nights</a> has been released. It's a beta, so they don't want you to contact <a href="http://www.atari.com/">Atari</a> about it, but here's the skinny on it:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>added compatibility for 1.30 SoU clients connecting</li><li>added Hobgoblin and Pit Fiend creatures</li><li>added 50+ scripting commands</li><li>added scripting database access</li><li>stability improvements</li><li>improvements to network performance</li><li>cheat/hack prevention</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
Kinda brief, doesn't really say what was fixed with the cheat thing and stability thing, but hey, it's beta.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
To clarify, this is what the patch is adding in more detail. Just that I'd help.
Patch details:
Neverwinter Nights Game
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- Added Hobgolbin and Pit Fiend creatures to the game resources.
- Added database access scripting commands.
- Made some improvements to network performance.
- Made several game stability fixes.
- Fixed the character sheet displaying the incorrect "Attack Bonus" after loading a saved game from within the game.
- Charsheet now also displays your base attack bonus.

DM Client:
=-=-=-=-=-
- DM's can now open and modify any inventory, including players. They can give items, take them away, or equip and unequip them. Its pretty sweet!
- DM characters will now remain invulnerable when loaded in from a saved game.
- Fixed bug where DM's could not cast spells at NPC's.

Scripting-specific:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- Added some new scripting commands - please refer to the Toolset for the details:
int GetDefensiveCastingMode();
int GetAppearanceType();
void SpawnScriptDebugger();
int GetModuleItemAcquiredStackSize();
object CopyItem();
void SetCampaignFloat();
void SetCampaignInt();
void SetCampaignVector();
void SetCampaignLocation();
void SetCampaignString();
void DestroyCampaignDatabase();
float GetCampaignFloat();
int GetCampaignInt();
vector GetCampaignVector();
location GetCampaignLocation();
string GetCampaignString();
void DeleteCampaignVariable();
int StoreCampaignObject();
object RetrieveCampaignObject();
int GetItemStackSize();
void SetItemStackSize();
int GetItemCharges();
void SetItemCharges();
int GetIsSkillSuccessful();
effect EffectSpellFailure();
void SpeakStringByStrRef();
void SetCutsceneMode();
object GetLastPCToCancelCutscene();
float GetDialogSoundLength();
void FadeFromBlack();
void FadeToBlack();
void StopFade();
void BlackScreen();
int GetBaseAttackBonus();
void SetImmortal();
void OpenInventory();
void StoreCameraFacing();
void RestoreCameraFacing();
int LevelUpHenchman();
void SetDroppableFlag();
int GetWeight();
object GetModuleItemAcquiredBy();
int GetImmortal();
string Get2DAString();
effect EffectEthereal();
int GetAILevel();
void SetAILevel();
int GetIsPossessedFamiliar();
void UnpossessFamiliar();
void PlaySoundByStrRef();

Server-specific changes:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
- Fixed a server crash when a creature that was the target of a spell was sent into limbo.
- Made some improvements to network performance.
- Made some fixes to prevent game/character hacking. Sorry, but we will never publically discuss specific changes to the game with regards to hacking the game.

Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- Added ability to save and load a set of spell selections on the Spells tab of Creatures. Uh, is this the coolest thing ever, or what?
- Added buttons on Scripts page of various object types to save an load a set of script assignments. Actually, this is pretty darn cool, too.
- Added Autolevelup Package dropdown to Classes tab for Creatures, for use when autolevelling up a creature via scripting.
- Added Armor Check Penalty, Arcane Failure Rate, and Max Dex Bonus fields to Item properties dialog.

Utilities
=-=-=-=-=
- added a script debugger, spawnable from scripting - utils\DebugServer.exe
- added a command-line script compiler - utils\clcompile.exe
- added a database packing program - utils\DataPack.exe

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member

By fixing what? With what hardware?

- DM's can now open and modify any inventory, including players. They can give items, take them away, or equip and unequip them. Its pretty sweet!

It's better than people tricking you in to giving up your SoJs by telling you to drop them first on Battle.net when Diablo 2 first came out!

- DM characters will now remain invulnerable when loaded in from a saved game.
- Fixed bug where DM's could not cast spells at NPC's.

The above two are pretty funny. I really like the one about the DM being vulnerable after loading the game.

- Made some fixes to prevent game/character hacking. Sorry, but we will never publically discuss specific changes to the game with regards to hacking the game.

Why not? If they're fixed, what's the harm in it?

Spazmo

Erudite
-Fixed: An issue where people trying to report bugs to us on our message boards were promptly banned.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
You know, I've always thought that was great because it's true, I've seen them threaten to ban folks for bringing up bugs on their forum. You have to love BioWare.

Moondog

Novice
Saint_Proverbius said:
You know, I've always thought that was great because it's true, I've seen them threaten to ban folks for bringing up bugs on their forum. You have to love BioWare.

Have people actually been banned for this? I know I had quite a few fanboys jump on my back because of a comment I made about Magic Fang not being implemeted correctly in SOU (and it isn't), but banning people for mentioning bugs seems a little harsh :evil:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I've seen many people complain long and hard about bugs and not be banned or even warned.

Perhaps the people banned crosed the line between complaining about a legit problem; and bashing for the sake of it. Of course, BIOMODS like most moderators on any board on the net are frequently react harshly.People should just realize that you have to follow board rules if you want to survive. I, myself, have learned this the hard way.

P.S. This is coming from someone who is a victim of nonsencial BIO banning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom