Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview ToEE interview with Timmy over at RPGDot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Tim Cain; Troika Games

<a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a> has <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=615">an interview</a> with <b>Tim Cain</b> of <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> about <A href="Http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>. Here's a comparason question, which I like to see:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>RPGDot: What are the main differences and the main similarities between Greyhawk and your other projects, say Arcanum or Fallout?
<br>
<br>
Tim Cain:</b> All of my RPG games to date have shared certain characteristics. They have all been isometric, turn-based games. They have all had rich and varying dialogs, nonlinear plotlines, and multiple solutions to quests.
<br>
<br>
However, besides the obvious difference that Greyhawk uses the D&D 3.5 rules, it also is my first party-based game. You create and control a whole party of characters, instead of making a single hero, which leads to a lot of choices to make during creation time and during play. It is also my first game with multiple starting points, in addition to multiple endings.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Multiple endings make me happy. They make everyone happy. Everyone should do them.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>chrisbeddoes</b>.

Spazmo

Erudite
Multiple beginnings pwn, too. And since the game inherently has multiple middles, this effectively makes for about twenty games in one!

Rosh

Erudite
It's not just the location, but also backstory of the beginning, and then also some other things as well.

Spazmo

Erudite
Yup. To make a parallel with Fallout (i'm guessing here, and forgive me for injecting the arbitrary alignment system into Fallout for the purposes of this example), a Lawful Good character would be sent out for the water chip. A Chaotic Evil one might have been kicked out of the Vault after a certain... nastiness. A Chaotic Neutral PC might have simply stumbled out of the Vault and decided to see what was outside.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom