Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News FALOUT ONLIEN BISNESS PLAN!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Interplay

<a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com>NMA</a> reports that Herve Caen, the infamous French moron who has run Interplay into the ground and established new mismanagement standards, is seeking $75 mil to make highly anticipated, insanely profitable blockbuster game, Fallout Online.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>THE FALLOUT BRAND IS ONE OF THE MOST RECOGNIZED GAMING BRAND BY CONSUMERS.
<br>
<br>
THERE ARE SEVERAL DEDICATED FAN SITES AROUND THE WORLD EVIDENCING A LOYAL FAN BASE ESTIMATED TO BE OVER 350,000 PEOPLE (www.nma-fallout.com, www.duckandcover.cx, fanmadefallout.com, www.teamx.ru, www.nwsgames.net, nukacola.com, www.nuclearcleansing.com).
<br>
<br>
DUE TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF A POST NUCLEAR APOCALYPTIC WORLD RESULTING FROM THE COLD WAR (1945-1990), ALL CONSUMERS 20 AND OLDER WILL HAVE SOME TIES TO FALLOUT AND WILL BE INTRIGUED TO FIND OUT IN THIS VIRTUAL WORLD: "AND WHAT IF THE NUCLEAR WAR REALLY HAD HAPPENED?"
<br>
<br>
The Fallout MMOG will be developed in the highly recognized Fallout post Nuclear Apocalyptic world giving consumers an ongoing virtual experience of today's life as if the cold war, which lasted for the best part of the second half of last century, had led to a nuclear disaster.
<br>
<br>
Interplay will effectively be the first MMOG pure play western public company
<br>
<br>
Interplay's management was involved in the World of Warcraft project at Vivendi
<br>
<br>
LAUNCH OF FALLOUT MMO Q3 2010
<br>
<br>
- REACH 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS DURING THE FIRST YEAR
<br>
<br>
- PROFITABLE YEAR 2
<br>
<br>
- REVENUE OF 160M$ PER YEAR AFTER FIRST
<br>
<br>
- NET INCOME OF OVER 50M$ PER YEAR STARTING YEAR 3</blockquote>If you want to be a part of this awesome venture, send your money (cash only please) to Herve Caen asap!
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, Kharn

I believed everything up until this part:

- PROFITABLE YEAR 2

I mean this is Interplay we're talking about here. Experts at fucking up their cash-cow franchises.

And that whole pitch reads more like a Nigerian spam E-mail than it does a serious investment proposal.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Chinese Jetpilot said:
And that whole pitch reads more like a Nigerian spam E-mail than it does a serious investment proposal.
:lol: Too funny.

Edit:

Dear Friend,

Please forgive me if I intrude your privacy, we do not know each other but it does not matter. I am Mr Herve Caen, an Interplay CEO. I came to know about you in my private search for a reliable and reputable person to handle this confidencial business transaction. Interplay, after its death due to ...uh, mysterious circumstances... entrusted me with the Fallout license.

Valuable effort have been made by me to give the license to the rightful owners, but proved to no avail. In order to avert this negative development, I now seek capitals to make a Fallout Online game, loved and requested by 11,5 million members of NMA, a Fallout fansite, all eager to purchase several copies of the upcoming Fallout Online game. In case you have doubts about this venture, I'll share my financial analysis with you:

FIRST YEAR - PROFITABAL
SECOND YEAR - VERY PROFITABAL
THIRD YEAR - SUPAR PROFITABAL

Now that you are convinced, please transfer the funds US$ 75.0M (Seventy Five Million Dollars) to me as soon as you can, but please hurry up. This is a deal between you and I only. I assuring you a 100% Risk Free Profit in this deal. I will also like to invest my own part of the money in this game, but I don't have any.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr. Herve Caen
Interplay CEO

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Don't deny that 80's retro charm and fear of nuclear war atmosphere.

Where'd he get 350,000 from anyway? Did he take the actual number of Fallout fans and multiply it by 350?

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
With any luck, we won't be the only ones who think his investment proposal looks like shit.

Vault Dweller said:
FIRST YEAR - PROFITABAL
SECOND YEAR - VERY PROFITABAL
THIRD YEAR - SUPAR PROFITABAL
That about summed up his plan. I can just imagine the fourth year... EPIC PROFITABLE!!!

Cycloptis

Scholar
Claw said:
Worthless sounds about right.

That's a shame. Mr. Caen could have improved his economic know-how with the copy of Oblivion I was going to offer up, but that asking price would simply be too much for my offer.

I think its fair to say that if you're going to request $75 million dollars in investment and base your entire future in the online marketplace, you should at the very least have a fucking decent webpage. It looks like something out of the DOS-era.

According to their SEC filing, they're supposed to begin production of Fallout Online next month. I can't wait to read how much they're going to bungle this one up.

Voss

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
THE FALLOUT BRAND IS ONE OF THE MOST RECOGNIZED GAMING BRAND BY CONSUMERS.

I wonder why he started out with the most blatant and obvious lie? Don't you usually try to hide those somewhere? Yes, yes, some people love themselves the fallout, but, I don't know, compare it to anything that can be abbreviated with two Fs, or two Ds and an &, and you quickly realize its far from 'most recognized'

I don't need to touch the fansites?

DUE TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF A POST NUCLEAR APOCALYPTIC WORLD RESULTING FROM THE COLD WAR (1945-1990), ALL CONSUMERS 20 AND OLDER WILL HAVE SOME TIES TO FALLOUT AND WILL BE INTRIGUED TO FIND OUT IN THIS VIRTUAL WORLD: "AND WHAT IF THE NUCLEAR WAR REALLY HAD HAPPENED?"

Oh good. You've demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the source material. Those fans you just mentioned are now converging on your house. With torches. Also, the fuck?

Interplay will effectively be the first MMOG pure play western public company
Can someone translate this? Some of the words have no meaning in this context. I get public, I've got first (!?, though I doubt its accuracy), MMO company (this will be all the new interplay does? MMOs?), but pure play western is just gibberish.
It'll be different from other companys because it will just make MMOs, and not real games? Or something?

How many, for how long, and how many are actually still around?

LAUNCH OF FALLOUT MMO Q3 2010

- REACH 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS DURING THE FIRST YEAR

- PROFITABLE YEAR 2

- REVENUE OF 160M$ PER YEAR AFTER FIRST

- NET INCOME OF OVER 50M$ PER YEAR STARTING YEAR 3

Translation-
- Baseless projection

- Total lie. Herve has no experience with a profitable year.

- Costs, given past history, will be 320M$ per year

- We will sell the license, property and software, and hope it nets 50M$ over our costs and call it a success.

How can Herve not see the company stats sheets that got published shortly before Interplay went bust last time? Is he just trying to sucker 75 mil out of people and run, or is he stupid enough to think that this reflects reality in some way?

psycojester

Arbiter

You know the guy who cleaned the offices. He was involved in the World of Warcraft project, think about it.

WittyName

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:

20? No one under 35ish or so will have any real grasp of how it affected global politics and society.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom