Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dark Zero reviews Gothic 3 - 7/10

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes

<a href=http://darkzero.co.uk>Dark Zero</a> has posted a <a href=http://darkzero.co.uk/v4/games/review/732/gothic-iii/pc>review</a> of <a href=http://www.gothic3.com>Gothic 3</a>, giving it 7/10 because the game is "one of the buggiest and most problematic" the reviewer has ever experienced. Other than that the reviewer liked the game a lot:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>So... this is a really hard one to judge. It’s a real marmite bottle of a game, and therefore any score given is completely irrelevant to half the people reading this. All the bugs present, and there are a lot of them, will spoil the game completely for a lot of people, making them think it’s one of the worst games they’ve ever played. However, there’re other people who will willingly play through the glitches, and when they do they will experience moments of pure wonder when the game actually shows the brilliance it’s truly capable of producing. The freedom in itself is fantastic, and the charm and little touches present, like roasting meat at a campfire to increase its health-giving loveliness, all add up to create something pretty special. This game could have been so much more, and perhaps still will be if it’s patched enough to fix the most infuriating problems, but in its current state it’s gonna be loved and hated in equal measures. A bit like marzipan really. </blockquote>Can't comment on the bugs as I haven't seen any, but overall the game is a great addition to the series.
<br>
<br>

Excalibur

Liturgist
VD there are alot of people reporting sounds and video card issues, i have a sound issue, the ambient noise like brids are stuck in a continues loop, and only when exiting the game can u actually hear the brids insted of them suttering.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LOL Surprise, surprise. Another game that VD loves is sucking dick that everyone has bug problems with BUT VD.

TOEE? That game ain't buggy. :roll:

BL? That game ain't buggy. :roll:

G3? That game ain't buggy. :roll:

*yawn*

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only really bad bug I've encountered is the quicksave destroying memory leak, which you have to be playing like 2+ hours to be effected by.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Excalibur said:
VD there are alot of people reporting sounds and video card issues, i have a sound issue, the ambient noise like brids are stuck in a continues loop, and only when exiting the game can u actually hear the brids insted of them suttering.
Nope, never happened to me.

HanoverF said:
The only really bad bug I've encountered is the quicksave destroying memory leak, which you have to be playing like 2+ hours to be effected by.
I don't use quicksaves, being fucked by them in the past.

Volourn said:
LOL Surprise, surprise. Another game that VD loves is sucking dick that everyone has bug problems with BUT VD.

TOEE? That game ain't buggy. :roll:

BL? That game ain't buggy. :roll:

G3? That game ain't buggy. :roll:

*yawn*
I had a single crash with ToEE and slowdowns in the elemental nodes (I don't count some rules related bugs that were reported as I didn't pay attention to that). I didn't have any bugs with Bloodlines, even the gamestopping bug that forced people to use the console didn't happen to me. I liked ToEE a lot, but I can't say the same about Bloodlines.

Needle

Novice
For instance, sometimes loading a game can cause the Unnamed Hero to become invisible, save for his weapons, leaving just a floating sword moving around and getting attacked. Another time, a wild boar (nasty, nasty things) attacked an orc warrior, causing him to back up against a cliff and then subsequently fall through the rock face. Of course, the boar followed straight after, and then they both died.
I wouldn't call those full-blown bugs. More like annoying glitches. Stuff like this is very rare and those specific examples have never happened to me. Or maybe I'm just lucky, because the only real bugs I have encountered so far are a few broken minor quests. Unless you count the occasional crashes, bad performance or the disputable combat balance as bugs.

Edit: Oh, and I also never had a save game corruption. And I played A LOT. I'm beyond level 40. You people are clearly making something wrong and it's your own fault. :P

Whipporowill

Erudite
I've had:

3 reboots while loading.
1 lockup.
2 crashes.
Once I couldn't read one of the lecterns in the starting town, reloaded.

No dissapearing npc's (that I've noticed :lol: ), no corrupted save games. Once I had some generic bandits fall inside a wall, but reloaded so I could get their loot - greedy bastard that I am. Also, felt safer to avoid stuff that could incur later problems...

I'm around lvl 13 I think.

One HILARIOUS oversight I encountered was that the Fire Chalices quest was impossible to complete. No "due to my doing ____" or "if you do ____ before ___" about it - it's simply impossible to complete.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
One HILARIOUS oversight I encountered was that the Fire Chalices quest was impossible to complete. No "due to my doing ____" or "if you do ____ before ___" about it - it's simply impossible to complete.

You mean the fire chalice quest is 100% bugged under the current build? Holy crap. That's pretty major...?

Whipporowill said:
Admiral jimbob said:

You mean the fire chalice quest is 100% bugged under the current build? Holy crap. That's pretty major...?

It's not really important, it's not required to complete the game. See, after finding all the chalices, you have to return them to the Paladins. Nobody, on any forum I've searched, can find the last Paladin. Nobody. I have a feeling I know who it is, but the dialogue option to give him the chalice doesn't appear...

Jabbapop

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Whipporowill said:
Admiral jimbob said:

It's not really important, it's not required to complete the game. See, after finding all the chalices, you have to return them to the Paladins. Nobody, on any forum I've searched, can find the last Paladin. Nobody. I have a feeling I know who it is, but the dialogue option to give him the chalice doesn't appear...

It's one of those twist missions where it turns out that you're really the last Paladin. To complete it, though, you have to squint your eyes and hold your breath until you pass out.

Excalibur

Liturgist
Jabbapop said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Whipporowill said:
Admiral jimbob said:

It's one of those twist missions where it turns out that you're really the last Paladin. To complete it, though, you have to squint your eyes and hold your breath until you pass out.

Hahaha good one!

HAHA GOOD ONE :P

Voss

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
I had a single crash with ToEE and slowdowns in the elemental nodes (I don't count some rules related bugs that were reported as I didn't pay attention to that). I didn't have any bugs with Bloodlines, even the gamestopping bug that forced people to use the console didn't happen to me. I liked ToEE a lot, but I can't say the same about Bloodlines.

Some? There were over 300+ known bugs documented before the second patch was released, and well over 200 remained after that second patch was released.

Some of them were trivial little things, but still... considering the relatively tiny size of the game (I can plow through it in 15-20 hours, and you'd think that the dev team & qa people would have been just as familiar with it if they were actually testing), you'd think it would have come up. Not to mention the big shit like metamagic feats just...not being implemented, despite being in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom