Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bloodlines preview at RPGDot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

While checking out the E3 stuff at <a href="Http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a>, I noticed they dedicated a full <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=592">preview</A> to the recently announced <i>Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines</i> game that <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> is working on. It's a good read with lots of information, like this happy news:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Unlike Redemption, which took place in multiple setting across multiple timelines, Bloodlines takes place in a slick very goth version of Los Angeles. Most of the environment will be traversable freely with a few areas that are quest specific. Characters will have to use the environment to feed. For example, since the Ventrue flaw makes them very picky eaters, they can only feed from certain places. A lot of the map consists of outdoor areas. This adds to some very nice lighting elements as well as some interesting backgrounds. Again, characters will have to use the environment, such as shadows not covered by streetlights.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Thank goodness it's not a linear map mission progression!
<br>

Jinxed

Liturgist
More proof that a good CRPG doesn't *really* need to be in isometric view. (although I strongly prefer it) The thing I would like to see is developers doing new things. While this isn't exactly new, the CRPG FPS genre is still quite empty. However I'm talking about FRESH new titles, not half assed spinoffs.

Jinxed

Liturgist
I would add that combat works better in turn based. To tell you the truth, I didn't like Deus EX all that much, played the demo, and decided against buying it. I'm willing to give this game a chance though.

Astromarine

Erudite
Wow, I agree with CC ;)

Vampire looks like a decent game that I will like. TOEE looks like a classic I will love. I don't mind one bit that they are doing both, since Vampire will probably gross higher, will thus help pay for the TOEEs, and is not sacrificing their artistic integrity (minus boobies) to do so: it wll still be a cool game, not a braindead selloff.

Astro

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom