Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Vampire: Bloodlines preview at HomeLan

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.homelanfed.com>HomeLan</a> has written some of their impressions from a Vampire: Bloodlines preview at E3. Here's an excerpt:
<br>
<ul><i>
<br>
After we checked out the character creation screen we finally looked at the game itself and it already looks sharp even at this early stage. Valve&#8217;s Source engine it on a par right now with the best currently out there and nowhere is this more evident than in the character models and animation. When our vamp character conversed with a bartender in a local dive, his mouth and facial expressions looked alive and totally in synch with what he was saying, upping the realism value. We also conversed with a female vamp whose body was moving in all the right places, (as Joe Bob Bridges would say, &#8220;If you know what I mean and I think you do).
<br>
</i></ul>
<br>
You can find the full text <a href=http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=14248>here</a>.
<br>
Has anyone seen a VtM:B info without the jiggly boobs being mentioned?
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a>.

triCritical

Erudite
The marketing of this game is really starting to bug me.

Preview -> triC says this is all fluff and game will blow

Dev -> That's just hype, this is a real deal RPG.

When will this vicious circle end?

Astromarine

Erudite
when the game is released. Face it, they will NEVER hype the game as hardcore ANYTHING. They will ALWAYS show the boobies, the dark environments, the action, etc. The RPG fans go after the Troika name, the rest go after the boobies. Until fans stop trusting troika devs, they can go on doing this.

Astro

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
You know, dispite the major flaws (DUDEZ, GOTHHH!), my main problem is transubstantiation (the process of demons becoming humans/angles). It just seems to me that when a Vampire reaches a certain point he should be given the forgiveness of whatever omnipowerful being is in the world.
Also, fuck Anne Rice, the Vampire is based upon Monotheistic ideas and fears.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Have you ever read any old testament? God is not always a cheery guy... and guess who started the vampire race in VTM?

Astromarine

Erudite
I seem to remember that the game setting allows this, CC. I think there's a mechanic for a vampire to get "redeemed" and escape the curse. The "third eye" bloodline (the ones with Obeah discipline) have as a goal help all vampires on this path. sorry, details are sketchy. The word that comes to my mind is "gehenna", but that's the Final War. I know it's something similar, though.

Vampires are the Children of Cain, marked like him for his sin.

Astro

Calis

Pensionado
Astromarine said:
I seem to remember that the game setting allows this, CC. I think there's a mechanic for a vampire to get "redeemed" and escape the curse. The "third eye" bloodline (the ones with Obeah discipline) have as a goal help all vampires on this path. sorry, details are sketchy. The word that comes to my mind is "gehenna", but that's the Final War. I know it's something similar, though.

Vampires are the Children of Cain, marked like him for his sin.

Astro
The word you're looking for is "Golconda".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom