Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic 3 gone gold

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes

<a href=http://www.pluto13.com/>Piranha Bytes</a> reports that <a href=http://www.gothic3.com>Gothic 3</a> has finally gone gold.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>2006-09-12 - Gothic 3 has reached Goldmaster Status
<br>
<br>
At 02:20 this morning Gothic 3 has been shipped to Sony Austria for replication. This means that after more than three and a half years of time development has been finished. Gothic 3 is scheduled for release on October 13th in various European countries.</blockquote>Let's hope that they didn't mean "various German-speaking European countries". Ordering a British copy would be sweet.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, Jiujitsu

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Yea, I'm thinking they don't have an English version ready yet, but it's good to know they have a finished copy of the game ready to be played.

[Jez]

Novice
We did have the Germans to beta test last time round and the last videos where quite jerky so I'm a little worried, but damnit its Gothic so I'm gonna rely on blind faith :lol:

Dhruin

Liturgist
The Euro releases include the UK, so an English version will be available on Oct 13th.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Dhruin said:
The Euro releases include the UK, so an English version will be available on Oct 13th.

Know how long until an actual North American release?

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
GoGamer will have an English Import about a week after release in the UK. I can't find it listed on their site though so somebody over there is asleep at the wheel. Funny shit they say STALKER is due soon.

http://www.gogamer.com (damn lame site has an issue with that catalog listing)

Nov 20th at EBGames http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646615

Somebody had it listed as an October 20th NA release but I can't find it now.

I think I will go with GoGamer since I have had both a fast (one week) shipment from the UK and a slow (two month) shipment after a heated e-mail argument with an on-line retailer who claimed he shipped it and tried to tell me it takes six week to get from the UK to California (yeah, right). More likely he shipped it after I threatened to contact the British authorities.

GoGamer will have an Import within a week I'll bet on it...

Surlent

Liturgist
Seems like the game is coming up like planned. Good news to hear.

Seboss

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Let's hope that they didn't mean "various German-speaking European countries". Ordering a British copy would be sweet.
Are there a lot of German-speaking European countries except for Germany, Austria and parts of Switzerland ?

Anonytroll

Novice
Seboss said:
Vault Dweller said:
Let's hope that they didn't mean "various German-speaking European countries". Ordering a British copy would be sweet.
Are there a lot of German-speaking European countries except for Germany, Austria and parts of Switzerland ?
The very important country of Liechtenstein. Plus parts of Belgium, the Netherlands, and Poland.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This came as a bit of a shock. Gold already? What about the countless small bugs? But on the other hand, they seem to be making great progress now.

Vault Dweller said:
Well, there is this promising English presentation.

The video shows that many small bugs are fixed, and I like the graphics, although the pop-ups are an issue. I do suppose that's something we'll have to live with, though. Unfortunatley trees still rotate too much, occasionally showing their 2D-ness. :?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I guess he meant to tell you that while Italy isn't a German-speaking country per se, there are people speaking German in it. Besides tourists.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I never got into the Gothics. Played the demo for number 1 a while ago and it didn't do anything for me.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Don't forget Kapitän Cleck, he's like totally german, and more important than all those new-fangled jutten countries anyway.

Inziladun

Magister
Gone gold... already? And if they have a UK version available, is it really neccesary to make another version where they're speaking Americanese? Anyway, looks like i'm going to be importing a game for the first time.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Inziladun said:
if they have a UK version available, is it really neccesary to make another version where they're speaking Americanese?

Not everyone can stand those posh accents.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom